Old 21-05-2007, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Echiums and Jasmine...

It was just grass a year or so ago... but here is the supposedly tender
Echium and Jasmine in flower at the mo.

http://freespace.virgin.net/les.claire/P5210070.JPG

And those four Paulownia are in their second year cut down to grow as single
rods to act as a living, green wall to block out the awful surroundings.

http://freespace.virgin.net/les.claire/P5210067.JPG

Looking forward to those...

Les

--
Remove Frontal Lobes to reply direct.

"These people believe the souls of fried space aliens inhabit their bodies
and hold soup cans to get rid of them. I should care what they
think?"...Valerie Emmanuel

Les Hemmings a.a #2251 SA

Old 21-05-2007, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Les Hemmings" wrote ...
It was just grass a year or so ago... but here is the supposedly tender
Echium and Jasmine in flower at the mo.

http://freespace.virgin.net/les.claire/P5210070.JPG

And those four Paulownia are in their second year cut down to grow as
single rods to act as a living, green wall to block out the awful
surroundings.

http://freespace.virgin.net/les.claire/P5210067.JPG

Looking forward to those...

Nice plants Les, but your garden suffers from the frightened plant syndrome.
They are all backed up to the fence with their hands up. :-)

--
Regards
Bob H

Old 21-05-2007, 11:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Bob Hobden wrote:
"Les Hemmings" wrote ...
It was just grass a year or so ago... but here is the supposedly
tender Echium and Jasmine in flower at the mo.

http://freespace.virgin.net/les.claire/P5210070.JPG

And those four Paulownia are in their second year cut down to grow as
single rods to act as a living, green wall to block out the awful
surroundings.

http://freespace.virgin.net/les.claire/P5210067.JPG

Looking forward to those...

Nice plants Les, but your garden suffers from the frightened plant
syndrome. They are all backed up to the fence with their hands up. :-)

I agree... Rented flat, not my lawn. Managed permision for a couple of
borders. Have more plants out the front in pots which enables me to think
about position and making things look more natural. If i had my way that
lawn would be all turned over to veg. Letting agency freaked last year when
the three or four types of mint (mint tea and tabboleh!) started to spread.
Had to dig up and pot a Salix contorta from the front to for same reason.
There's a walnut and an xmas tree to pot up next year too. It means that
when I move we can take our plants with us though!

If i don't keep things looking "contained" i get hassle... (

Les

--
Remove Frontal Lobes to reply direct.

"These people believe the souls of fried space aliens inhabit their
bodies and hold soup cans to get rid of them. I should care what they
think?"...Valerie Emmanuel

Les Hemmings a.a #2251 SA

Sowing time for echiums TriciaMcCartney United Kingdom 2 21-09-2005 08:18 AM
Sewing time for echiums TriciaMcCartney Gardening 0 11-09-2005 04:56 PM
echiums supervolt United Kingdom 2 21-06-2004 10:41 PM
pruning and starting Echiums Elizabeth Skipworth Australia 0 22-10-2003 06:42 AM
Clematis, virgina creeper, honeysuckle and jasmine... Paul G United Kingdom 10 19-05-2003 10:44 PM