Old 03-06-2007, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Any Rose experts?

In message om,
" writes
On Jun 3, 10:06 am, Klara wrote:

Two of our daughters work near Wymondham - I must tell them to take the
time to see the rose gardens at David Austen this month!

Klara, don't forget Peter Beales Roses, he's quite near Wymondham.

I'm only 5 miles from Wymondham, nearer Norwich, where are they?

Judith

Peter Beales, goodness, they could even get there on their lunch hour -
thanks, Judith!

Both daughters work together in Attleborough, but eldest daughter lives
in Brundall and youngest in Castle Acre (though somewhat desperately
house-hunting nearer Norwich; if only we had known they would both go to
UEA and then love Norfolk too much to leave....)

--
Klara, Gatwick basin
Old 03-06-2007, 09:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 3, 8:34 pm, Klara wrote:

Peter Beales, goodness, they could even get there on their lunch hour -
thanks, Judith!

Both daughters work together in Attleborough, but eldest daughter lives
in Brundall and youngest in Castle Acre (though somewhat desperately
house-hunting nearer Norwich; if only we had known they would both go to
UEA and then love Norfolk too much to leave....)

I am going to a restaurant in Attleborough on Tuesday night, something
called, I think, The Mulberry Tree, I wonder if they know it?

I love Brundall, there is another restaurant there The lavender House,
great food. This group is supposed to be about gardening and all I do
is talk food. Castle Acre is some way from Norwich.

What did they do at the UEA? I wonder if they knew my husband Dr.
Edward Lea, Biophysicist there.

Anyway back to topic, my roses on the pergola are not doing at all
well even thought I took the advice of, I think it was Bob Holden, and
fed them well. They are ramblers but they look a bit scrawny at the
moment.

Judith

Old 04-06-2007, 12:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message .com,
" writes
On Jun 3, 8:34 pm, Klara wrote:

Peter Beales, goodness, they could even get there on their lunch hour -
thanks, Judith!

Both daughters work together in Attleborough, but eldest daughter lives
in Brundall and youngest in Castle Acre (though somewhat desperately
house-hunting nearer Norwich; if only we had known they would both go to
UEA and then love Norfolk too much to leave....)

I am going to a restaurant in Attleborough on Tuesday night, something
called, I think, The Mulberry Tree, I wonder if they know it?

Yes, and they like it ... nothing like the Lavender House, though -
where we all tend to go for special celebrations....

I love Brundall, there is another restaurant there The lavender House,
great food. This group is supposed to be about gardening and all I do
is talk food. Castle Acre is some way from Norwich.

What did they do at the UEA? I wonder if they knew my husband Dr.
Edward Lea, Biophysicist there.

Youngest read psychosocial studies, so unlikely; eldest was in bio, so
more likely, but she didn't know him: but she was some 15 years ago now,
when Ian Gibson's was there. She went on to John Innes for her PhD.

Anyway back to topic, my roses on the pergola are not doing at all
well even thought I took the advice of, I think it was Bob Holden, and
fed them well. They are ramblers but they look a bit scrawny at the
moment.

Judith

Nothing seems to kill or even inhibit my ramblers, even me.... though
they do get mildew quite badly occasionally. This year they are fine and
about to flower, which makes them very early: youngest daughter was born
on 15 July and we have pictures of her in front of the roses in bloom
what must be at the age of 2 weeks or so, so end of July - but that is
almost three decades ago now.

All our climbing and rambling roses have bare legs, though, thanks to
the deer....

--
Klara, Gatwick basin