Old 05-06-2007, 10:06 PM posted to england.rec.gardening,uk.rec.gardening

Default Conifers turning black

Hi

Wonder if any of you could cast some light on to this.

I have some Golcrest conifers which were doing fine until I noticed that the
middle of the conifer is turning like a soot black.
The result is that it is stopping the conifers from growing and some are
dying.
Any ideas as to what it may be?

Thanx

Old 06-06-2007, 03:49 PM posted to england.rec.gardening,uk.rec.gardening

Wonder if any of you could cast some light on to this.

I have some Golcrest conifers which were doing fine until I noticed that
the middle of the conifer is turning like a soot black.
The result is that it is stopping the conifers from growing and some are
dying.
Any ideas as to what it may be?

Sorry I cannot help, I have just checked my Goldcrest and they are all fine.
Does it wash off or is it a bug of some sort ?

Old 10-06-2007, 09:01 AM posted to england.rec.gardening,uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 5, 10:06?pm, "Uncle Nobby" wrote:
Hi

Wonder if any of you could cast some light on to this.

I have some Golcrest conifers which were doing fine until I noticed that the
middle of the conifer is turning like a soot black.
The result is that it is stopping the conifers from growing and some are
dying.
Any ideas as to what it may be?

Thanx

I have the same problem. The trees are about 4 years old and have been
great until now. Have you had any luck in identifying the problem
yet. Thanks

Old 10-06-2007, 02:11 PM posted to england.rec.gardening,uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 5, 10:06?pm, "Uncle Nobby" wrote:
Hi

Wonder if any of you could cast some light on to this.

I have some Golcrest conifers which were doing fine until I noticed that
the
middle of the conifer is turning like a soot black.
The result is that it is stopping the conifers from growing and some are
dying.
Any ideas as to what it may be?

Thanx

I have the same problem. The trees are about 4 years old and have been
great until now. Have you had any luck in identifying the problem
yet. Thanks

No, it's like a black soot over the central stork and branches.
Wondering if it is some sort of fungi or something as I can't see any
insects moving about.
Looked on the web and nothing.
If you find anything post back.