Old 25-06-2007, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default flowers for a 2 year old...

My darling 2 year old is loving gardening at the moment. She loves
watering plants and watching them grow. (She also loved pulling up the
tomato plants we had planted together and running around the garden
with them...)

She also loves flowers. Picking them that is.

I thought the best plant for her would be something which grows fast,
and has lots of tiny flowers. Preferably in a pot.

Being a bit of a useless gardener, does anyone have a suggestion?

Many thanks in advance.

Daniel

Old 25-06-2007, 03:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

dj wrote:
My darling 2 year old is loving gardening at the moment. She loves
watering plants and watching them grow. (She also loved pulling up the
tomato plants we had planted together and running around the garden
with them...)

She also loves flowers. Picking them that is.

I thought the best plant for her would be something which grows fast,
and has lots of tiny flowers. Preferably in a pot.

Alyssum, or however it's spelt. That's what my dad started us off with.
Alyssum and nasturtiums.

Old 25-06-2007, 04:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Amethyst Deceiver" wrote in message
dj wrote:
My darling 2 year old is loving gardening at the moment. She loves
watering plants and watching them grow. (She also loved pulling up the
tomato plants we had planted together and running around the garden
with them...)

My 7 year old grandson only wanted to grow veg, carrots mostly, still does.
Teddy Bear sunflowers would be good maybe too late for this year but might
be worth a go.

kate

Old 25-06-2007, 04:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 01:49:19 -0700, dj wrote:

My darling 2 year old is loving gardening at the moment. She loves
watering plants and watching them grow. (She also loved pulling up the
tomato plants we had planted together and running around the garden
with them...)

She also loves flowers. Picking them that is.

I thought the best plant for her would be something which grows fast,
and has lots of tiny flowers. Preferably in a pot.

Being a bit of a useless gardener, does anyone have a suggestion?

Many thanks in advance.

Daniel

Hi Daniel,not a flower I know but,carrot tops in a saucer of water are good
one for kids. Quick,easy and could even be described as pretty to a two
year old.

--
Regards From
Wane Smooth

Help feed the Hungry,goto
http://www.thehungersite.com
It's Free!
Old 25-06-2007, 08:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Wane Smooth writes
On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 01:49:19 -0700, dj wrote:

My darling 2 year old is loving gardening at the moment. She loves
watering plants and watching them grow. (She also loved pulling up the
tomato plants we had planted together and running around the garden
with them...)

She also loves flowers. Picking them that is.

I thought the best plant for her would be something which grows fast,
and has lots of tiny flowers. Preferably in a pot.

Being a bit of a useless gardener, does anyone have a suggestion?

Many thanks in advance.

Daniel

Hi Daniel,not a flower I know but,carrot tops in a saucer of water are good
one for kids. Quick,easy and could even be described as pretty to a two
year old.

Add parsnip tops, runner beans, mustard and cress and a couple of
plastic dinosaurs.
--
Kay
Old 20-07-2007, 08:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"dj" wrote in message
oups.com...
My darling 2 year old is loving gardening at the moment. She loves
watering plants and watching them grow. (She also loved pulling up the
tomato plants we had planted together and running around the garden
with them...)

She also loves flowers. Picking them that is.

I thought the best plant for her would be something which grows fast,
and has lots of tiny flowers. Preferably in a pot.

Being a bit of a useless gardener, does anyone have a suggestion?

Many thanks in advance.

Daniel

My 2 year old granddaughter loves to 'pinch' the petunias. She knows which
ones are supposed to be and leaves the living ones alone. In our town the
'square' has pots and pots of them also and she was so sad the last time we
went because they had already been done! Visit her Kylie's Garden he
lovemyskincare.com

A VERY proud Mamaw

Old 20-07-2007, 08:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Gardener" wrote in message
et...

"dj" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I can't find the original post.
Might be a vista - mail thingy

anyway how about .....(help needed from the group).... the daisy like
flowers. you can get them in all colours. it begins with Oest......

Old 20-07-2007, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Space explained :
"Gardener" wrote in message
et...

"dj" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Osteospermum

--
Regards From
Wane Smooth

Help feed the Hungry,goto
http://www.thehungersite.com
It's Free!

Old 20-07-2007, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 25, 9:49 am, dj wrote:
My darling 2 year old is loving gardening at the moment. She loves
watering plants and watching them grow. (She also loved pulling up the
tomato plants we had planted together and running around the garden
with them...)

My two year old grandson loves snap dragons, he picks just one and
opens and shuts it, just like a mouth.

Judith