Old 06-07-2007, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Looking for temporary decking

I've got a paved patio but water tends to lay on the surface a bit due to
the texture of the stone. With all this rain I'm looking for something to
put down so that people don't have to walk in puddles when we have a BBQ.
I've looked at wooden decking squares but they seem horribly expensive for
even poor quality versions.

Any ideas?

Old 06-07-2007, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

this in , I, Marvo, say :

I've got a paved patio but water tends to lay on the surface a bit
due to the texture of the stone. With all this rain I'm looking for
something to put down so that people don't have to walk in puddles
when we have a BBQ. I've looked at wooden decking squares but they
seem horribly expensive for even poor quality versions.

Any ideas?

I use a yard broom. Doesn't take a mo to sweep it away. Does it have an edge
that is higher than the surround? I find, then, that the sun does the rest
(assuming it's sunny enough for a BBQ :-)

Old 06-07-2007, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"CWatters" wrote in message
I've got a paved patio but water tends to lay on the surface a bit due to
the texture of the stone. With all this rain I'm looking for something to
put down so that people don't have to walk in puddles when we have a BBQ.
I've looked at wooden decking squares but they seem horribly expensive for
even poor quality versions.

Any ideas?

If you are having a BBQ then the rain has stopped. Yes?

Get out there as soon as you can after the rain has stopped and with a long
handled soft brush, brush it off! It will dry out in the sun/wind.

Have a great BBQ. Off to one myself tomorrow. A lot of P & O Cruising
friends meeting up :-))

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007
www.rneba.org.uk

Old 06-07-2007, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 6 Jul, 10:58, "'Mike'" wrote:
Get out there as soon as you can after the rain has stopped and with a long
handled soft brush, brush it off! It will dry out in the sun/wind.

I do this too. I've got dogs and the younger one 'forget' herself on
occasion on the decking ... I just hose and with a soft broom brush
off the water. It quickly dries.

Have a great BBQ. Off to one myself tomorrow. A lot of P & O Cruising
friends meeting up :-))

Wishing you lots of sun, you know, that round thing that floats in the
sky .... ;o)

Old 06-07-2007, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"CWatters" wrote in message
I've got a paved patio but water tends to lay on the surface a bit due to
the texture of the stone. With all this rain I'm looking for something to
put down so that people don't have to walk in puddles when we have a BBQ.
I've looked at wooden decking squares but they seem horribly expensive for
even poor quality versions.

Any ideas?

Get the guests to bring their wellies ?
Hops the sun comes out for you!
Jenny

Old 07-07-2007, 04:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 10:58:30 +0100, "'Mike'" wrote:

"CWatters" wrote in message
I've got a paved patio but water tends to lay on the surface a bit due to
the texture of the stone. With all this rain I'm looking for something to
put down so that people don't have to walk in puddles when we have a BBQ.
I've looked at wooden decking squares but they seem horribly expensive for
even poor quality versions.

Any ideas?

If you are having a BBQ then the rain has stopped. Yes?

Get out there as soon as you can after the rain has stopped and with a long
handled soft brush, brush it off! It will dry out in the sun/wind.

Have a great BBQ. Off to one myself tomorrow. A lot of P & O Cruising
friends meeting up :-))

Mike

"Cruising friends" indeed? ;-)
Old 07-07-2007, 07:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"CWatters" wrote in message
I've got a paved patio but water tends to lay on the surface a bit due
the texture of the stone. With all this rain I'm looking for something
put down so that people don't have to walk in puddles when we have a
BBQ.
I've looked at wooden decking squares but they seem horribly expensive
for
even poor quality versions.

Any ideas?

If you are having a BBQ then the rain has stopped. Yes?

Get out there as soon as you can after the rain has stopped and with a
long
handled soft brush, brush it off! It will dry out in the sun/wind.

Have a great BBQ. Off to one myself tomorrow. A lot of P & O Cruising
friends meeting up :-))

Mike

"Cruising friends" indeed? ;-)

'Aurora' from our World Cruise last year and a couple of smaller ones at the
end of last year and 'Arcadia' when a dozen of us flew out to Barbados, did
some of the Caribbean Islands and cruised back via Madeira earlier this
year.

About 20 of us meeting up tonight :-))

:-((

None will be with us this Christmas and the New Year as we will be with
Cunard on the new Queen Victoria :-)

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007
www.rneba.org.uk

Question about temporary decking CWatters Lawns 7 08-07-2007 09:29 PM
Galvanized Pond For Temporary Safekeeping JB Ponds 7 26-05-2004 09:13 PM
"Temporary" grass GIJane Gardening 7 31-07-2003 04:02 AM
Fishless (temporary) planted tank question Cichlidiot Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 01-07-2003 09:47 PM
Cheap temporary lighting? Richard Krush Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 20-04-2003 06:12 AM