Old 12-07-2007, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Camoumile lawn

Has anyone out there established a good-going Treneague lawn or path? How
best to go about it, and what kind of aftercare does it demand? Please help
a beginner. Dave

Old 12-07-2007, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 12/7/07 10:57, in article , "Dave
Sangster" wrote:

Has anyone out there established a good-going Treneague lawn or path? How
best to go about it, and what kind of aftercare does it demand? Please help
a beginner. Dave

I haven't done it myself but having talked to a few gardeners, including NT
property managers who have, it's not a good idea for heavy traffic areas,
apparently. One did suggest that the best use was as a seat, perhaps part
of a raised bank, something like that, which isn't used all the time.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 12-07-2007, 10:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 12 Jul, 10:57, "Dave Sangster" wrote:
Has anyone out there established a good-going Treneague lawn or path? How
best to go about it, and what kind of aftercare does it demand? Please help
a beginner. Dave

I like the way you've spelt chamomile (or camomile), cute ) I've got
about a 3sqm chamomile patch. I say patch because it's far from being
a lawn anymore. Because it's on the roof of our shed, and with the
constant, persistant, rain, it has grown really fast and I didn't cut
it after flowering. Now it's high, pretty, but far too high. Look at
the link below which tells you which camomile you need. The Treneague
cultivar is slow growing and more 'lawn' than the Anthemis nobilis
(English or Roman chamomile) but these two have wonderful essential
oils. You can also get the Chamaemelum nobile dwarf, very compact and
lovely for a lawn, though it doesn't flower and if it does you should
cut it immediately. You can plant it up until September. Good luck.

http://www.crocus.co.uk/whatsgoingon/article/?ID=254

Old 12-07-2007, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Sangster" wrote in message
Has anyone out there established a good-going Treneague lawn or path? How
best to go about it, and what kind of aftercare does it demand? Please
help a beginner. Dave

I'd make much the same sort of comments as Sacha-not really for much foot
traffic. In addition you will need to weed it on a very regular
basis,otherwise grass and perennial weeds will take hold. It's definitely
higher maintenance than your standard grass lawn

Old 13-07-2007, 08:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 12/7/07 23:12, in article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"Dave Sangster" wrote in message
Has anyone out there established a good-going Treneague lawn or path? How
best to go about it, and what kind of aftercare does it demand? Please
help a beginner. Dave

I'd make much the same sort of comments as Sacha-not really for much foot
traffic. In addition you will need to weed it on a very regular
basis,otherwise grass and perennial weeds will take hold. It's definitely
higher maintenance than your standard grass lawn

If it's possible, Dave could try putting squares of chamomile and perhaps
other herbs, in among paving stones on a terrace. Just leave gaps in the
paving in a random fashion and then plant them up. That works very well and
smells delicious as you brush against them.

Old 13-07-2007, 09:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Sangster" wrote in message
Has anyone out there established a good-going Treneague lawn or path? How
best to go about it, and what kind of aftercare does it demand? Please
help a beginner. Dave

I have a friend who tried it under her umbrella type washing line. She
thought that the amount of traffic would be Ok for it.... it wasn't. It went
very patchy and she eventually replaced it with gravel!
Jenny

Old 13-07-2007, 09:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "JennyC" contains these words:

"Dave Sangster" wrote in message
Has anyone out there established a good-going Treneague lawn or path? How
best to go about it, and what kind of aftercare does it demand? Please
help a beginner. Dave

I have a friend who tried it under her umbrella type washing line. She
thought that the amount of traffic would be Ok for it.... it wasn't.
It went
very patchy and she eventually replaced it with gravel!
Jenny

I started camomile paths between the beds in my front 'garden'. They
have a mixed success, they are laid over gravel - the chap put too much
gravel down, so in dry weather the new shoots are unable to get their
roots set before thay dry out, [it is also on a slope so dries quickly
at the best of times] so needs constant watching and I don't have the
time. Also the raised bed has trailing plants which drop seeds [nice in
a way but a pest when they are not whare you want them] plus the weeds
growing between the camomile and the gravel mean it is harder to get
them out without pulling the camomile out as well - so yes, lots of
attention required, but lovely when you walk on it which where it is
located is not very often. The gravel does mean that when it dies down
in the winter I am not left with bare earth. Pics at -
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/bharwo...den/index.html
HTH
Beryl
Old 15-07-2007, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:57:52 +0100, "Dave Sangster"
wrote:

Has anyone out there established a good-going Treneague lawn or path? How
best to go about it, and what kind of aftercare does it demand? Please help
a beginner. Dave

A friend of mine planted her camomile lawn (Treneague) some years ago
and has never been very satisfied with it. She finds it often has bare
patches, and also that slugs love hiding in it! Now and again she
buys some more plants to fill the gaps.
Good luck!

Pam in Bristol
Old 20-07-2007, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13 Jul, 08:36, Sacha wrote:
If it's possible, Dave could try putting squares of chamomile and perhaps
other herbs, in among paving stones on a terrace. Just leave gaps in the
paving in a random fashion and then plant them up. That works very well and
smells delicious as you brush against them.

That's exactly what we did on our shed roof, which incidentally can be
walked on, we have picnic there, sunbath there and is a den for the
kids. We've also made the shed, and this could hold a double bed. It's
large. So before you tell me that I did not reply exactly to the
poster's query, just find out what I have and then criticise me. It is
perhaps not a 'path' used on a daily basis, but nontheless, it's a
camomile 'patch', with herbs and grasses.

Old 20-07-2007, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20/7/07 14:06, in article
, "La Puce"
wrote:

On 13 Jul, 08:36, Sacha wrote:
If it's possible, Dave could try putting squares of chamomile and perhaps
other herbs, in among paving stones on a terrace. Just leave gaps in the
paving in a random fashion and then plant them up. That works very well and
smells delicious as you brush against them.

That's exactly what we did on our shed roof, which incidentally can be
walked on, we have picnic there, sunbath there and is a den for the
kids. We've also made the shed, and this could hold a double bed. It's
large. So before you tell me that I did not reply exactly to the
poster's query, just find out what I have and then criticise me. It is
perhaps not a 'path' used on a daily basis, but nontheless, it's a
camomile 'patch', with herbs and grasses.

I have no idea what has started you off again. I really am not interested
in what you do with to from by on or in your shed and its roof. A roof is
not a path or a lawn and the OP wanted to know about planting a chamomile
lawn. The general consensus of opinion from others - who it is notable you
do not come here trying to pick a fight with - is that it is not
sufficiently hard-wearing. If Dave decides to take *your* advice on the
grounds that you have a shed roof covered in chamomile he will probably not
be the first person to regret assuming you know what you're talking about.

Old 20-07-2007, 02:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20 Jul, 14:22, Sacha wrote:
I have no idea what has started you off again. I really am not interested
in what you do with to from by on or in your shed and its roof. A roof is
not a path or a lawn and the OP wanted to know about planting a chamomile
lawn. The general consensus of opinion from others - who it is notable you
do not come here trying to pick a fight with - is that it is not
sufficiently hard-wearing. If Dave decides to take *your* advice on the
grounds that you have a shed roof covered in chamomile he will probably not
be the first person to regret assuming you know what you're talking about.

What you have said on your second entry in this thread has started me
off .... Talking about my 'decorated roof'. It's mean, and you are
pocking at me knowing exactly where to push my buttons. Leave it off
Sacha. Don't answer me. Ignore me. It's best. Remember what you've
said not long ago? Why do you keep at me. Decorated roof .... and bad
advice?!! You're such a cow, honeslty.

And now tell us all who is the first person who has had problem with
what I have said. As for Dave, he quite enjoyed my response. Cannot
see where he came back to you about your advice. In any case he was
already using Treneague and doing very well.

Now tell us once and for all who has had a bad advice from me. And
spelling doesn't count.

Old 20-07-2007, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20/7/07 14:43, in article
, "La Puce"
wrote:

On 20 Jul, 14:22, Sacha wrote:
[...]

Always the lady, Puce. Yet again you betray yourself.

And now tell us all who is the first person who has had problem with
what I have said. As for Dave, he quite enjoyed my response. Cannot
see where he came back to you about your advice. In any case he was
already using Treneague and doing very well.

Why are you trying to stir up trouble between me and another poster? Your
advice was not what was asked for and it was to that I responded, pure and
simple. *Yet again* we see an example of your belief that you should be
allowed to post whatever you choose and that anyone who disagrees with you
is expected, by you, to allow that to continue in silence.

Now tell us once and for all who has had a bad advice from me. And
spelling doesn't count.

You have been picked up so many times on bad advice you've given people here
that it would take a month of Sundays to Google for them. Those considering
taking your advice are at liberty to do that.

Old 20-07-2007, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20 Jul, 16:43, Sacha wrote:
Always the lady, Puce. Yet again you betray yourself.

MOOOOOoooooo !

Old 20-07-2007, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 20 Jul, 16:43, Sacha wrote:
Always the lady, Puce. Yet again you betray yourself.

MOOOOOoooooo !

QED