Old 24-07-2007, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default The Hissing of Camomile Lawns

Crikey, chaps, little did I think that my first, timid posting on this my
first newsgroup would unleash such a spat! It does seem to have a ritualised
quality to it , what up here in Scotland we call "flyting", but it has taken
me aback. I thought gardeners would be peaceful, equable sorts... I do feel
I must say I welcomed all replies - I am experimenting with camomile in the
dark, as t'were, because I know no-one who grows it, and my gardening
friends think I am quite insane, given the finicky labour entailed. I will
add, at some risk, and pace Sacha, that snoozing on the roof of LaPuce's
shed sounds OK to me, Peace to all, Dave

Old 24-07-2007, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Sangster" wrote in message
Crikey, chaps, little did I think that my first, timid posting on this my
first newsgroup would unleash such a spat! It does seem to have a
ritualised quality to it , what up here in Scotland we call "flyting", but
it has taken me aback. I thought gardeners would be peaceful, equable
sorts... I do feel I must say I welcomed all replies - I am experimenting
with camomile in the dark, as t'were, because I know no-one who grows it,
and my gardening friends think I am quite insane, given the finicky labour
entailed. I will add, at some risk, and pace Sacha, that snoozing on the
roof of LaPuce's shed sounds OK to me, Peace to all, Dave

Peace? In this newsgroup?

Pigs will fly first!!

:-((

Kind regards

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007
www.rneba.org.uk

Old 24-07-2007, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Sangster" wrote in message
Crikey, chaps, little did I think that my first, timid posting on this my
first newsgroup would unleash such a spat! It does seem to have a
ritualised quality to it , what up here in Scotland we call "flyting", but
it has taken me aback. I thought gardeners would be peaceful, equable
sorts...

They're only human - despite what some think about themselves :-)

Mary

Old 24-07-2007, 10:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Dave Sangster wrote:
Crikey, chaps, little did I think that my first, timid posting on
this my first newsgroup would unleash such a spat! It does seem to
have a ritualised quality to it , what up here in Scotland we call
"flyting", but it has taken me aback. I thought gardeners would be
peaceful, equable sorts... I do feel I must say I welcomed all
replies - I am experimenting with camomile in the dark, as t'were,
because I know no-one who grows it, and my gardening friends think I
am quite insane, given the finicky labour entailed. I will add, at
some risk, and pace Sacha, that snoozing on the roof of LaPuce's shed
sounds OK to me, Peace to all, Dave

Joni fan.... It figures ;o)

Les (Blue was better.....)

--
Remove Frontal Lobes to reply direct.

"These people believe the souls of fried space aliens inhabit their
bodies and hold soup cans to get rid of them. I should care what they
think?"...Valerie Emmanuel

Les Hemmings a.a #2251 SA

Old 24-07-2007, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24/7/07 18:52, in article , "Dave
Sangster" wrote:

Crikey, chaps, little did I think that my first, timid posting on this my
first newsgroup would unleash such a spat! It does seem to have a ritualised
quality to it , what up here in Scotland we call "flyting", but it has taken
me aback. I thought gardeners would be peaceful, equable sorts... I do feel
I must say I welcomed all replies - I am experimenting with camomile in the
dark, as t'were, because I know no-one who grows it, and my gardening
friends think I am quite insane, given the finicky labour entailed. I will
add, at some risk, and pace Sacha, that snoozing on the roof of LaPuce's
shed sounds OK to me, Peace to all, Dave

I'm sure the shed roof looks lovely. But it isn't a lawn to walk on which
is what you seemed to want.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 25-07-2007, 08:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

"Dave Sangster" wrote in message
Crikey, chaps, little did I think that my first, timid posting on this
my first newsgroup would unleash such a spat! It does seem to have a
ritualised quality to it , what up here in Scotland we call "flyting",
but it has taken me aback. I thought gardeners would be peaceful, equable
sorts...

They're only human - despite what some think about themselves :-)
Mary

Or what some of thus think of some of them "~))
Jenny

Old 25-07-2007, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

"Dave Sangster" wrote in message
Crikey, chaps, little did I think that my first, timid posting on this
my first newsgroup would unleash such a spat! It does seem to have a
ritualised quality to it , what up here in Scotland we call "flyting",
but it has taken me aback. I thought gardeners would be peaceful,
equable sorts...

They're only human - despite what some think about themselves :-)
Mary

Or what some of thus think of some of them "~))

I like that!

Mary
Jenny

Old 25-07-2007, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 25 Jul, 09:23, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"JennyC" wrote in message
Or what some of thus think of some of them "~))

I like that!

Me two! Peace to all sincerely.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/directory/g/gardener.asp

Old 25-07-2007, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

ups.com...
"JennyC" wrote in message
Or what some of thus think of some of them "~))

I like that!

Me two! Peace to all sincerely.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/directory/g/gardener.asp

LOL
Love the hanging baskets !

Here's some more..... http://www.goma.demon.co.uk/garden/smallgdn.html
Jenny

Old 25-07-2007, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 25/7/07 11:37, in article
, "La Puce"

"JennyC" wrote in message
Or what some of thus think of some of them "~))

I like that!

Me two! Peace to all sincerely.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/directory/g/gardener.asp

Oh indeed, snide remarks always help towards the peace.

Old 25-07-2007, 01:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 25/7/07 11:37, in article
, "La Puce"

"JennyC" wrote in message
Or what some of thus think of some of them "~))
I like that!

Me two! Peace to all sincerely.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/directory/g/gardener.asp

Oh indeed, snide remarks always help towards the peace.

Wot?

Old 25-07-2007, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 25, 12:46 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 25/7/07 11:37, in article
om, "La Puce"

"JennyC" wrote in message
Or what some of thus think of some of them "~))
I like that!

Me two! Peace to all sincerely.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/directory/g/gardener.asp

Oh indeed, snide remarks always help towards the peace.

Take a deep breath, close your eyes, and repeat after me:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Cat(h) (It takes more than one to have an argument)

Old 25-07-2007, 01:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Cat(h)" wrote in message
ups.com...

Take a deep breath, close your eyes, and repeat after me:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Cat(h) (It takes more than one to have an argument)

Coo! It worked for me :-)

Old 25-07-2007, 02:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 25 Jul, 12:45, "JennyC" wrote:
LOL
Love the hanging baskets !
Here's some more.....http://www.goma.demon.co.uk/garden/smallgdn.html

Hehehe! You know, I cannot not think about heights, widths, levels,
paving, bricks, timber, concrete, circulations, focal points, wind
zones, masses, voids, balance, light, dark, climate, costs, functions,
layout, features, maintenance ... when visiting a garden now.
Planting?! What planting?! ;o)

Old 25-07-2007, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 25/7/07 13:52, in article
, "Cat(h)"
wrote:

On Jul 25, 12:46 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 25/7/07 11:37, in article
om, "La Puce"

"JennyC" wrote in message
Or what some of thus think of some of them "~))
I like that!

Me two! Peace to all sincerely.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/directory/g/gardener.asp

Oh indeed, snide remarks always help towards the peace.

Take a deep breath, close your eyes, and repeat after me:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Cat(h) (It takes more than one to have an argument)

I've just been chiropracted which has done a lot of good - such a calming
influence to hear your joints cracking. ;-))