Old 19-08-2007, 01:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Clematis Gillian Blades

I think this looks lovely but we haven't got it - yet. ;-) Charlie, do you
have that one?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 19-08-2007, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote
I think this looks lovely but we haven't got it - yet. ;-) Charlie, do
you
have that one?

We bought one from Charlie a couple of years ago, it's an OK white but
wouldn't call it anything special. Mind you I'm into big bold colours now,
must be the dull weather of late.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 19-08-2007, 03:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote
after "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"Sacha" wrote
I think this looks lovely but we haven't got it - yet. ;-) Charlie, do
you
have that one?

We bought one from Charlie a couple of years ago, it's an OK white but
wouldn't call it anything special. Mind you I'm into big bold colours
now,
must be the dull weather of late.

I saw a pic of it in the Evison book and liked the frilly edge to the
leaves
but if it's a very small flower, then it's probably not right for where
I'd
like to grow it. I want to put it up either a yew or a Camellia, so
perhaps
I'd be better going for C. Marie Boisselot?
One good thing about all this cool weather is that Tropaeolum speciosum,
growing through a yew hedge, is doing better than it has for a couple of
years.

The flowers aren't small so I've been out and measured them, it's having a
second flush ATM, and they are 5.5 inches tip to tip of the petals (despite
the plant being moved over last winter). Not a bad size at all, look good
against a dark background.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 19-08-2007, 04:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 19/8/07 15:34, in article , "Bob
Hobden" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote
after "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"Sacha" wrote
[...]

Thanks, Bob. We'll give that a try, I think.

Old 19-08-2007, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Aug 19, 4:17 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 19/8/07 15:34, in article , "Bob

Hobden" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote
after "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"Sacha" wrote
[...]

children.'- Hide quoted text -

Do, because Chalie sent me three, they are spectacular in flower, I
love the pure white frilly edge.

Judith