Old 24-08-2007, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default berry identified by photo

On 24 Aug, 13:43, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:
I live on pawpaw (with lime), probably have four big ones a week.

Do you?! What a funny thing for a ... err... Brumy.

I didn't
know it was a laxative.

Me neither. But then again, my kids and I can't eat melons, precisely
for the same reasons. However, I know lots of people who can eat tons
of the stuff without problems.

Old 24-08-2007, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24 Aug, 15:36, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:
Who are you caling a Brummy, Manc?

Teehee ... beats being called a frog, innit.

I'm a Devonshire lad really, but now in t'East Midlands..

With cream on top. Knew it ;o)

Me, for instance. We have the biggest Waitrose in the universe right next
door, their fruit is better than T*S@O and most other supermarkets.

Now that's lucky. I haven't been to Waitrose a lot, perhaps 3 times in
my life time, which is silly because I trully enjoyed it. I beleive
they have really fresh stuff and more to the point encourages to buy
locally. Nice one.

Old 26-08-2007, 09:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"johngood_____" wrote in message

Many Thanks. here is the web url.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6baazno

Blackthorn or sloes!

Sloe Gin (do it now, decant and use at Christmas)
(Sloe Gin is preferable to a quick half!)

3 lb of sloes
2 lb of sugar
1 bottle of dry gin (Not a dry bottle of gin!)

But into traditional wine-making bottle (forgotten the name)
but prick all the sloes with a fork which is a bit tedious.

Pick up the jar and slosh it around once per week.

Come xmas, and you'll have an orangey-red delight.