Old 10-09-2007, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default to shorten or not repotted bamboo plant?

I've just dug up a lot of bamboo plants since they are overtaking everywhere
in my very small garden and i've put them in pots.

One in a pot is very tall, and in future i will want it a lot shorter.
Since i only put it in a pot a week ago i do not want to cause it unessary
hardship at the moment, so am i better leaving it for a while at its
present height or will it in fact make life easier for it to shorten it to
half its height? Which would involve removing about a third of its leaves.
Hope i'v explained that clearly. Thanks for advice.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"johngood_____" wrote in message
I've just dug up a lot of bamboo plants since they are overtaking

everywhere
in my very small garden and i've put them in pots.

One in a pot is very tall, and in future i will want it a lot shorter.
Since i only put it in a pot a week ago i do not want to cause it unessary
hardship at the moment, so am i better leaving it for a while at its
present height or will it in fact make life easier for it to shorten it to
half its height? Which would involve removing about a third of its

leaves.
Hope i'v explained that clearly. Thanks for advice.

Attach the tall stem so the pot does not blow over but keep it until the
plant has grown new stems/leaves.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Iris Repotted ~ jan JJsPond.us Ponds 6 29-06-2004 08:03 AM
Lotus Repotted Benign Vanilla Ponds 1 08-04-2004 09:34 PM
Repotted grapefruit tree dkra Gardening 0 21-10-2003 09:02 AM
sweet--not scotch broom--to plant or not to plant? Lil Gardening 2 28-05-2003 06:44 AM
Bamboo root depth and drought - was: Shade tolerant bamboo in south Florida Rick DeBay Bamboo 1 13-03-2003 05:33 PM