Old 11-10-2007, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Kids! Ya gotta love them

This evening my 5 year old went all thoughtful then
pronounced..."Daddy...when it snows you can use the lawnmower to suck it up"

After laughing for a moment I resolved to enquire here if anyone has tried
using a ride on mower for snow clearing? I suspect it would jam up quickly
but you never know.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"CWatters" wrote in message
This evening my 5 year old went all thoughtful then
pronounced..."Daddy...when it snows you can use the lawnmower to suck it
up"

After laughing for a moment I resolved to enquire here if anyone has tried
using a ride on mower for snow clearing? I suspect it would jam up quickly
but you never know.

I think that even with very dry snow a ride on would struggle, I have
however seen snow plough attachments to go on the front of bigger ride on
mowers and contemplated fabricating one for mine before I bought this
http://www.twango.com/media/Muddymik...e.10022?sort=5
http://www.twango.com/media/Muddymik...e.10021?sort=5

Mike

Old 12-10-2007, 09:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Muddymike" wrote
"CWatters" wrote
This evening my 5 year old went all thoughtful then
pronounced..."Daddy...when it snows you can use the lawnmower to suck it
up"

After laughing for a moment I resolved to enquire here if anyone has
tried
using a ride on mower for snow clearing? I suspect it would jam up
quickly
but you never know.

I think that even with very dry snow a ride on would struggle, I have
however seen snow plough attachments to go on the front of bigger ride on
mowers and contemplated fabricating one for mine before I bought this
http://www.twango.com/media/Muddymik...e.10022?sort=5
http://www.twango.com/media/Muddymik...e.10021?sort=5
Mike

Just had a look at your photo's Mike - love the shed within a shed :~))
Jenny

Old 12-10-2007, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I think that even with very dry snow a ride on would struggle, I have
however seen snow plough attachments to go on the front of bigger ride on
mowers and contemplated fabricating one for mine before I bought this
http://www.twango.com/media/Muddymik...e.10022?sort=5
http://www.twango.com/media/Muddymik...e.10021?sort=5
Mike

Just had a look at your photo's Mike - love the shed within a shed :~))
Jenny

That was a work in progress shot with the idea being to leave the old shed
in situ for as long as possible to save having to store everything that was
in it. The project is now finished and I have added a shot of the final
result.
http://www.twango.com/media/Muddymik...e.10461?sort=5

Must find time to update the garden pictures as a few changes have been made
through the summer.

Mike

Old 12-10-2007, 10:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 12/10/07 08:58, in article
, "Muddymike"
wrote:

"CWatters" wrote in message
This evening my 5 year old went all thoughtful then
pronounced..."Daddy...when it snows you can use the lawnmower to suck it
up"

After laughing for a moment I resolved to enquire here if anyone has tried
using a ride on mower for snow clearing? I suspect it would jam up quickly
but you never know.

I think that even with very dry snow a ride on would struggle, I have
however seen snow plough attachments to go on the front of bigger ride on
mowers and contemplated fabricating one for mine before I bought this
http://www.twango.com/media/Muddymik...e.10022?sort=5
http://www.twango.com/media/Muddymik...e.10021?sort=5

Mike

Fantastic photos, Mike - the 'cataloguing' of your garden is really good,
though I do have a mental note not to go anywhere near you and a Land Rover!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 12-10-2007, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Muddymike" wrote in message
news
[...]

OH !
I thought you'd left the shed in situ :~)
Jenny