Old 04-12-2007, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Septic Tank: how often to clean?

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
T...

No sadly we had to use a high pressure water jet to cut it up and a
sludge pump to remove it, I tried to dig it by hand but the spade would
not penetrate the matted synthetic fibres, just bounced off.

That's something I've never thought about. I doubt that Ann or the previous
owner of their 'Seppo' would have used synthetic fibres.

We felt quite pleased with ourselves finding it as various owners since
1915 had looked, but no one had been able to find it. not surprising
really I had to go down 15' before I got there!

That's dedication!

It was dating the rubbish
and infill on the top of it that gave us the approx date it was last
looked at.

And that's fascinating, real archaeology!

Most people I know with modern ones have a yearly contract.

I think I'd choose an old one. Spouse would want to build his own.

Mary

Old 04-12-2007, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
says...

[...]

Apparently before the days of fiberglass ones, they were built of brick
and it was standard practice to use very weak morter for the base and
once the building inspecter had been, knock a load of bricks out!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Old 04-12-2007, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

[...]

I've no idea what Ann's is made from, could be brick, but I doubt that it
has artificial openings :-)

The Welsh just aren't like that!

.... Are they?

:-)

Spouse would want his to be perfect. It's very hard to live up to :-)

Mary
Lapageria rosea