Old 07-12-2007, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Me Me is offline

Default Hiding places

and I don't mean for the presents..............I am referring to those
little snacks, crisps, nuts and orange flavoured chocolates, that the other
half buys which only seem to appear on Christmas eve.

we don't live in a big house, there's only one room in the east wing and one
in the west.

where should I look.....

Santa

Old 07-12-2007, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Me" wrote in message
and I don't mean for the presents..............I am referring to those
little snacks, crisps, nuts and orange flavoured chocolates, that the
other half buys which only seem to appear on Christmas eve.

we don't live in a big house, there's only one room in the east wing and
one in the west.

where should I look.....

Santa

Chest of drawers? Take the bottom draw right out and look on the floor :-)
Wardrobe with a bottom drawer? Do the same. :-)
Cupboard under the stairs? The chances are that the wall is plaster board
and studding, (or lathe and plaster in a very old house) look at the end of
the wall from inside the cupboard, you will need a torch. Bet it's hollow
and nice hidey hole :-)

How's that for just a few easy ones? Then there are the downright devious
;-)

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk for ALL Royal Navy Association matters
"Navy Days" Portsmouth 25th - 27th July 2008. RN Shipmates will be there.

Old 07-12-2007, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 15:53:17 +0000, Me wrote
(in article ):

and I don't mean for the presents..............I am referring to those
little snacks, crisps, nuts and orange flavoured chocolates, that the other
half buys which only seem to appear on Christmas eve.

we don't live in a big house, there's only one room in the east wing and one
in the west.

where should I look.....

Santa

The laundry bin.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Burne-Jones/William Morris window in Shropshire church with conservation

Old 07-12-2007, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Me" wrote
and I don't mean for the presents..............I am referring to those
little snacks, crisps, nuts and orange flavoured chocolates, that the
other half buys which only seem to appear on Christmas eve.

we don't live in a big house, there's only one room in the east wing and
one in the west.

where should I look.....

Under the beds in the spare bedrooms, kitchen cupboards, cupboard under the
stairs, broom cupboard, anywhere you don't go (even avoid) normally. :-)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 08-12-2007, 11:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 19:05:54 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 7/12/07 18:47, in article
et, "Sally Thompson"
wrote:

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 15:53:17 +0000, Me wrote
(in article ):

and I don't mean for the presents..............I am referring to those
little snacks, crisps, nuts and orange flavoured chocolates, that the other
half buys which only seem to appear on Christmas eve.

we don't live in a big house, there's only one room in the east wing and one
in the west.

where should I look.....

Santa

The laundry bin.

Coal shed.

Where the ironing board lives.
Under the bed. In chests of drawers wrapped up in jumpers.
Under the sink.
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free
Old 08-12-2007, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Broadback" wrote in message
Sacha wrote:
On 7/12/07 20:07, in article , "Bob
Hobden" wrote:

"Me" wrote
and I don't mean for the presents..............I am referring to those
little snacks, crisps, nuts and orange flavoured chocolates, that the
other half buys which only seem to appear on Christmas eve.

we don't live in a big house, there's only one room in the east wing
and
one in the west.

where should I look.....

Under the beds in the spare bedrooms, kitchen cupboards, cupboard under
the
stairs, broom cupboard, anywhere you don't go (even avoid) normally.
:-)

Kitchen.

When I was a lad (sadly long ago) my parents bought me a full sized
wheelbarrow for Christmas. As there was no where to hide it they simply
put it in the hall and covered it with a sheet. I never noticed. So
perhaps you should look at the end of your nose!

At our house we had in Leicester I had a large garage. (Big enough for my
Jag AND my boat, THAT big) so I was the 'Santa's Store' for the neighbour's
big pressies like Bikes and Prams and such :-))

I was always busy on Christmas Evening dealing with Dads doing their thing
:-))

Mike

Old 08-12-2007, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Me
writes
and I don't mean for the presents..............I am referring to those
little snacks, crisps, nuts and orange flavoured chocolates, that the other
half buys which only seem to appear on Christmas eve.

we don't live in a big house, there's only one room in the east wing and one
in the west.

where should I look.....

It's too late. You're either someone who notices small changes in your
environment (like me) or someone who doesn't, (like my other half - he
he

By now the changes will have been compounded confusing any search.

Eternal vigilance is the only answer. (Or buy some yourself - can never
have too much of a good thing.)

--
Si

Old 08-12-2007, 02:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Me Me is offline

"Me" wrote in message
and I don't mean for the presents..............I am referring to those
little snacks, crisps, nuts and orange flavoured chocolates, that the
other half buys which only seem to appear on Christmas eve.

we don't live in a big house, there's only one room in the east wing and
one in the west.

where should I look.....

Santa

we store our sons empty guitar cases atop our wardrobe.......the other half
will not look there..............or will she...............hope not there's
a nice Gibson on ebay I am tempted to buy myself for xmas and I thought
where shall I keep it.................;-)

aint it funny they just love to receive surprises but will endeavour to look
everywhere before the day.

Old 10-12-2007, 03:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Me wrote:
and I don't mean for the presents..............I am referring to those
little snacks, crisps, nuts and orange flavoured chocolates, that the
other half buys which only seem to appear on Christmas eve.

we don't live in a big house, there's only one room in the east wing
and one in the west.

where should I look.....

The supermarket.

[IBC] Vist to Bonsai related places ovais Bonsai 1 19-06-2003 02:44 AM
roots in the most unexpected places Zach987987987 Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 20-04-2003 06:21 AM
Orchid Places in UK Bob Orchids 3 04-04-2003 10:44 PM
[IBC] Nursery or Places for Bonsai Tony Busko Bonsai 1 26-02-2003 03:15 AM
(LONG) Old-Growth found in oddest places Daniel B. Wheeler alt.forestry 0 29-11-2002 05:32 PM