Old 13-01-2008, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT "The Wars"

I note with very great interest that the following has not been answered.

"""
.................................................. .................................................. ..
It's because "anything to do with guns and war and killing" is simply
wrong, Stewart! Guns, and war, and killing is thought to equate to
patriotism, nationalism, jingoism - and these things too equate to each
other and are also thought to be just as wrong!

I believe the attitude stems from fashion, ignorance, fear, and
irresponsibility.

It was patriotism, nationalism, jingoism which led to the totally
unnecessary
deaths of millions in WW1.
--

Martin

Were you / Are you / Would you be a Conscientious Objector?

Kind regards

Mike
.................................................. ..........................................

Once again kind regards

Mike

Old 13-01-2008, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 16:49:40 -0000, "'Mike'"
wrote:

I note with very great interest that the following has not been answered.

"""
................................................. .................................................. ..
It's because "anything to do with guns and war and killing" is simply
wrong, Stewart! Guns, and war, and killing is thought to equate to
patriotism, nationalism, jingoism - and these things too equate to each
other and are also thought to be just as wrong!

I believe the attitude stems from fashion, ignorance, fear, and
irresponsibility.

It was patriotism, nationalism, jingoism which led to the totally
unnecessary
deaths of millions in WW1.
--

Martin

Were you / Are you / Would you be a Conscientious Objector?

Kind regards

Mike
................................................. ..........................................

Once again kind regards

Mike

You have earned a reputation for starting arguments and not listening
to any opposing point of view, and for being generally offensive and
boastful.
You should not be surprised therefore if people avoid responding to
you.
Old 13-01-2008, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

I note with very great interest that the following has not been answered.

"""
................................................ .................................................. ...
It's because "anything to do with guns and war and killing" is simply
wrong, Stewart! Guns, and war, and killing is thought to equate to
patriotism, nationalism, jingoism - and these things too equate to each
other and are also thought to be just as wrong!

I believe the attitude stems from fashion, ignorance, fear, and
irresponsibility.

It was patriotism, nationalism, jingoism which led to the totally
unnecessary
deaths of millions in WW1.
--

Martin

Were you / Are you / Would you be a Conscientious Objector?

Kind regards

Mike
................................................ ...........................................

Once again kind regards

Mike

You have earned a reputation for starting arguments and not listening
to any opposing point of view, and for being generally offensive and
boastful.
You should not be surprised therefore if people avoid responding to
you.

Thank you so much for your incorrect observations.

The subscriber's postings were that of a Conscientious Objector and I was
going to ask him what he would have done had Hitler crossed to England in
1940. To what extend he would have defended his family and neighbours.

Kindest regards

Mike

Old 13-01-2008, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

'Mike' wrote:

Thank you so much for your incorrect observations.

The subscriber's postings were that of a Conscientious Objector and I was
going to ask him what he would have done had Hitler crossed to England in
1940. To what extend he would have defended his family and neighbours.

Kindest regards

Mike

And this has what to do with gardening?

Mind you, most of your posts have nothing to do with gardening.

Jeff
Old 13-01-2008, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Jeff Taylor" wrote in message
.uk...
'Mike' wrote:

Thank you so much for your incorrect observations.

The subscriber's postings were that of a Conscientious Objector and I was
going to ask him what he would have done had Hitler crossed to England in
1940. To what extend he would have defended his family and neighbours.

Kindest regards

Mike

And this has what to do with gardening?

Mind you, most of your posts have nothing to do with gardening.

Jeff

Following on from a subject already in the newsgroup actually. One might
ask what the Nazis and the Channel Islands had got to do with gardening,
except the subscribers of course. One rule for one, another rule for others?

However, might I ask what part of "O.T" in the subject line you fail to
understand?

Kindest regards

Mike

Old 13-01-2008, 08:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 16:49:40 -0000, 'Mike' wrote:

I note with very great interest that the following has not been answered.

This is a gardening newsgroup .. G A R D E N I N G !!

Do you understand that ????? I guess not - you understand very little :-(

May I suggest that you set up your own newsgroup where you can discuss
things like how rich/clever you are and all your expensive cruising and how
much more you know than other people and how you run the the Royal Navy ?
You can then be alone and just argue with yourself.

You have caused a big problem in this newsgroup - *far* less people post to
it since you started your stupid OT posts.

Please GO AWAY and leave us alone ... just GO AWAY.
--
GARDENING.
Old 13-01-2008, 08:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"GARDENING" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 16:49:40 -0000, 'Mike' wrote:

I note with very great interest that the following has not been answered.

This is a gardening newsgroup .. G A R D E N I N G !!

Do you understand that ????? I guess not - you understand very little :-(

May I suggest that you set up your own newsgroup where you can discuss
things like how rich/clever you are and all your expensive cruising and
how
much more you know than other people and how you run the the Royal Navy ?
You can then be alone and just argue with yourself.

You have caused a big problem in this newsgroup - *far* less people post
it since you started your stupid OT posts.

Please GO AWAY and leave us alone ... just GO AWAY.
--
GARDENING.

Do I take it that you have set yourself up to be the net nanny of
uk.rec.gardening and will from now on monitor ALL 'Off Topic' discussions
such as the thread which includes the Holocaust, the Nazis, the Channel
Islands under occupation etc etc etc?

Kindest regards

Mike

Old 13-01-2008, 08:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Do I take it that you have set yourself up to be the net nanny of
uk.rec.gardening and will from now on monitor ALL 'Off Topic' discussions
such as the thread which includes the Holocaust, the Nazis, the Channel
Islands under occupation etc etc etc?

Kindest regards

Mike

you are a bad bad man. how can you justify using the above topics for your
own gratification? you are a disgrace.

Old 13-01-2008, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Space" wrote in message

Do I take it that you have set yourself up to be the net nanny of
uk.rec.gardening and will from now on monitor ALL 'Off Topic' discussions
such as the thread which includes the Holocaust, the Nazis, the Channel
Islands under occupation etc etc etc?

Kindest regards

Mike

you are a bad bad man. how can you justify using the above topics for
your own gratification? you are a disgrace.

I wonder if you would be good enough to show how I brought the above subject
to uk.rec.gardening. According to my understanding and reading, it was
brought by someone else and has been sustained by others, including one
subscriber who I have reason to believe is a Conscientious Objector, and
within the aforementioned thread, I asked said person what they would have
done had Hitler crossed into England and what he would have done to defend
his family and neighbours.

You will observe of course that "O.T." is in the subject line in accordance
with the usual charter. Are all "O.T." matters to be monitored now, even
those referring to other "O.T." threads?

I look forward to your prompt reply on future "O.T." subjects

Kindest regards

Mike

Old 13-01-2008, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

[...]

I agree it is OT I did not say that you "started this", but what is
disgraceful is that you feel the need to carry this on. I have not been
following this thread, and I do not need to. the person in question has I
assume still not responded to you. there are numerous reasons for this.

why drag this on and on and on? you are a bad bad man

you are a disgrace.

Old 13-01-2008, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Space" wrote in message
news

[...]

Excuse me, but on checking back through the thread, there are FOUR people
'dragging it on', yourself being one of them!!!

Kindest regards

Mike

Old 13-01-2008, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

For all the reasons you give, I think you'll find he's in so many kill files
that his post was probably not seen by the person to whom it was addressed.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 13-01-2008, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 21:17:25 -0000, "'Mike'"
wrote:

"Space" wrote in message
news

[...]

Which part of "YOU ARE NOT WANTED HERE" do you not understand?

Mike

Old 13-01-2008, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 22:48:58 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

That is very likely Sacha.
But there would be no need for kill files if he would just realise
that no-one wants him.
He must be very lonely if this is all he can do to get attention.
Old 13-01-2008, 11:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13/1/08 23:07, in article ,
"Fuschia" wrote:

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 22:48:58 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 13/1/08 18:55, in article
,

wrote:

I note with very great interest that the following has not been answered.

"""
..
[...]

Nothing gets through. He thinks he's funny or clever but almost everyone
else thinks he's boring and pathetic. Ignore him.