Old 30-01-2008, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Gloriosa

On 30 Jan, 09:49, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:
You can sow the seeds, but it will probably regrow from its tuber
when the weather warms up. Keep it pretty dry until then. Both
the tuber and seeds need very well-drained soil, warm and sunny
conditions when growing, but don't mind down to almost freezing
when dormant and dry.

Dry ... that's what I worried about a bit. It's in the ground in my
veranda^^conservatory and it doesn't look really dry there. Though no
water comes direct on that patch, it must take water from outside,
which is at the same level of a raised bed. It is well drained, so
hoping I'm in luck. I didn't want to remove it and store it. It
looked
so established.

I grew it (from seed) for some years, but it got a root rot of some
sort and effectively died.

Here's the seeds I have. I would be so happy to send you some. I have
the Rothschildiana. Blue skies today and freezing. Perfect really ;o)

http://cjoint.com/?bEmKRMLgm8