Old 31-01-2008, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Good years for Hellebores

On Jan 31, 5:37*pm, Sacha wrote:
On 31/1/08 17:12, in article
, "Sacha"

wrote:
On 31/1/08 17:00, in article
,
"judith.lea" wrote:

On Jan 30, 11:12*pm, Sacha wrote:

snip What I really, really need is a couple of tubes of Baume de
Pyrenées!
--

Consider it done, just so long as you don't want La Prairie, I can
oblige :-)

Judith

La Prairie - fat chance!! *But I'll be very grateful for the Baume. *The
French Chemist in Jersey that used to sell it has disappeared.

BTW, meant to say that if you can get hold of the Baume, do get some for
yourself. *My Italian mother outlaw put me on to it years ago and I've been
a devotee ever since. *I recommend it highly for burns, including sunburn,
as long as there's no open wound. *It's made from a multitude of herbs, bees
wax and propolis AFAIR and is absolutely brilliant at relieving the pain of
a burn. *It's good for e.g. dry lips from winter gardening and walks. *If
any urglers are going to France, try to find it because it's great for
nettle stings, too!
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon

The Pharmacy at Venet la Varenne are sure to have it and if they don't
they will order anything, they are wonderful. I was in there when our
GP came in, I got 2 kisses on the cheek, and asked how I was. I said
" fine thanks, I'm just going to put my arm in the blood pressure
machine" he waited to see the result, nodded approvingly, kissed me
goodbye and off he went, I didn't get that in England.

They sell the most wonderful Eau de Cologne made with Iris and Lily of
the Valley, I sprayed it on liberally and smelled just like a perfumed
garden.

Judith
Old 31-01-2008, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 31/1/08 18:46, in article
,
"judith.lea" wrote:
snip

The Pharmacy at Venet la Varenne are sure to have it and if they don't
they will order anything, they are wonderful. I was in there when our
GP came in, I got 2 kisses on the cheek, and asked how I was. I said
" fine thanks, I'm just going to put my arm in the blood pressure
machine" he waited to see the result, nodded approvingly, kissed me
goodbye and off he went, I didn't get that in England.

They sell the most wonderful Eau de Cologne made with Iris and Lily of
the Valley, I sprayed it on liberally and smelled just like a perfumed
garden.

Judith

I'll have one of those, please. ;-) My favourite scent is Diorissimo -
probably because I can't grow Lily of the Valley! Must be a subliminal form
of compensation.
Someone living not too far from from us - Cath Collins - makes gorgeous
perfumes scented with things like Ginger Lily, Lime, Lemon, Cedar and again,
it's like walking through a garden to wear her perfumes. A friend of mine
who hasn't been able to wear perfume for years because of allergies, finds
she can wear Cath Collins's and Jo Malone's stuff.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , says...

"Fuschia" wrote in message
On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:16:38 -0000, "'Mike'"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 31/1/08 17:00, in article
,
"judith.lea" wrote:

On Jan 30, 11:12 pm, Sacha wrote:
snip What I really, really need is a couple of tubes of Baume de
Pyrenées!
--

Consider it done, just so long as you don't want La Prairie, I can
oblige :-)

Judith

La Prairie - fat chance!! But I'll be very grateful for the Baume. The
French Chemist in Jersey that used to sell it has disappeared.
--
Sacha

Isn't this email stuff?

Kindest possible regards

Mike

Mike, don't you realise just how silly and childish your comments
sound? You are never going to upset Sacha by jumping in after her
posts, all you do is make yourself look foolish.
For Pete's sake, grow up!

So how do YOU differentiate between chit chat which should be email and
genuine postings?

Kindly explain

Kindest regards

You don't you just ignore them. and putting "Kindest regards" after
these sorts of postings just makes it sound like some petulant teenager
has forgotten to take their medication, I realise that as you appear to
not like Sacha that it is probably intended to be irratating but it
irratates the hell out of most other people as well. Rather like our
american cousins wishing you a nice day in a tone of voice that suggests
they hope you end up under a bus
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Old 01-02-2008, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jan 31, 10:55*pm, Sacha wrote:
On 31/1/08 18:46, in article
,"judith. lea" wrote:

snip

[...]

We have all those lovely ginger ones too, a nice light fragrance for
during the day - at night out comes the Chanel. I wonder what flower
essence makes that, cedar and spices and which flowers?

Judith
Old 01-02-2008, 11:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 1 Feb, 15:17, "judith.lea" wrote:
We have all those lovely ginger ones too, a nice light fragrance for
during the day - at night out comes the Chanel. *I wonder what flower
essence makes that, cedar and spices and which flowers?

None. There's not one once of flower essence in Chanel - it's 80
different synthetic ingredients (because they last longer) devised by
Gabrielle, later called Coco because she sang the song Cocorico (my
grand ma sang it).