Old 30-01-2008, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Good years for Hellebores

I don't know if others have noticed this but our Helleborus seem to be doing
especially well this year. One dark pink/purple one came out in October and
since then, they've all been opening steadily and flowering very well. ISTR
Charlie saying his had started flowering early. We have one especially
pretty pure white double one that we don't know the name of us but it's
beautiful.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 30-01-2008, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jan 30, 3:51*pm, Sacha wrote:
I don't know if others have noticed this but our Helleborus seem to be doing
especially well this year. *One dark pink/purple one came out in October and
since then, they've all been opening steadily and flowering very well. *ISTR
Charlie saying his had started flowering early. We have one especially
pretty pure white double one that we don't know the name of us but it's
beautiful.

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove weeds from address)
children.'

Unfortunately, I don't have any here in France, I left them all behind
including that lovely clump of Lily of the Valley that you gave me
years ago!!!!

Judith
Old 30-01-2008, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote
I don't know if others have noticed this but our Helleborus seem to be
doing
especially well this year. One dark pink/purple one came out in October
and
since then, they've all been opening steadily and flowering very well.
ISTR
Charlie saying his had started flowering early. We have one especially
pretty pure white double one that we don't know the name of us but it's
beautiful.

Wish I could say the same here, nice dark one we have had for years came out
and promptly the plant died! :-)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 30-01-2008, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote
"Bob Hobden" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote
I don't know if others have noticed this but our Helleborus seem to be
doing
especially well this year. One dark pink/purple one came out in October
and
since then, they've all been opening steadily and flowering very well.
ISTR
Charlie saying his had started flowering early. We have one especially
pretty pure white double one that we don't know the name of us but it's
beautiful.

Wish I could say the same here, nice dark one we have had for years came
out
and promptly the plant died! :-)

Oh! Any idea why?

Could have been the detritus from the pond filters being too rich, but then
I always put that in the same place, the Camellias nearby seem to love it.
Perhaps this time it was just too much, the final straw.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 30-01-2008, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jan 30, 6:40*pm, Sacha wrote:
On 30/1/08 17:19, in article
,

"judith.lea" wrote:
On Jan 30, 3:51*pm, Sacha wrote:
I don't know if others have noticed this but our Helleborus seem to be doing
especially well this year. *One dark pink/purple one came out in October and
since then, they've all been opening steadily and flowering very well. *ISTR
Charlie saying his had started flowering early. We have one especially
pretty pure white double one that we don't know the name of us but it's
beautiful.

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove weeds from address)
children.'

Unfortunately, I don't have any here in France, I left them all behind
including that lovely clump of Lily of the Valley that you gave me
years ago!!!!

Judith

Was that the pink one? Rosea? *If it will survive in France I can send you
some, or give you some when you come down.

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove weeds from address)
children.'- Hide quoted text -

Thank you, thank you, thank you. It was the pink one. I will work
around your babies and see you in the Spring. What can I bring you
from France? Pate, cheese, wine, what is your favourite tipple?

Judith
Old 30-01-2008, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30/1/08 23:05, in article
,
"judith.lea" wrote:

On Jan 30, 6:40*pm, Sacha wrote:
On 30/1/08 17:19, in article
,

"judith.lea" wrote:
On Jan 30, 3:51*pm, Sacha wrote:
[...]

What I really, really need is a couple of tubes of Baume de Pyrenées!

Old 31-01-2008, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jan 30, 11:12*pm, Sacha wrote:
On 30/1/08 23:05, in article
,

"judith.lea" wrote:
On Jan 30, 6:40*pm, Sacha wrote:
On 30/1/08 17:19, in article
,

"judith.lea" wrote:
On Jan 30, 3:51*pm, Sacha wrote:
[...]

Consider it done, just so long as you don't want La Prairie, I can
oblige :-)

Judith
Old 31-01-2008, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 31/1/08 17:00, in article
,
"judith.lea" wrote:

On Jan 30, 11:12*pm, Sacha wrote:

snip What I really, really need is a couple of tubes of Baume de
Pyrenées!
--

Consider it done, just so long as you don't want La Prairie, I can
oblige :-)

Judith

La Prairie - fat chance!! But I'll be very grateful for the Baume. The
French Chemist in Jersey that used to sell it has disappeared.

Old 31-01-2008, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 31/1/08 17:00, in article
,
"judith.lea" wrote:

On Jan 30, 11:12 pm, Sacha wrote:

snip What I really, really need is a couple of tubes of Baume de
Pyrenées!
--

Consider it done, just so long as you don't want La Prairie, I can
oblige :-)

Judith

La Prairie - fat chance!! But I'll be very grateful for the Baume. The
French Chemist in Jersey that used to sell it has disappeared.
--
Sacha

Isn't this email stuff?

Kindest possible regards

Mike

After a lot of trouble www.nsrafa.org is now up and running for the National
Service RAF man

Old 31-01-2008, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Jennifer Sparkes" wrote in message
The message
from "'Mike'" contains these words:

Isn't this email stuff?

... I thought just thread drift.

Jennifer

That can be said for all the chit chat if you think about it :-((

BUT, should I drift into cruising ............ WELL that's a different
matter because it's ME :-)))))))

Kindest regards :-))

Old 31-01-2008, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Fuschia" wrote in message
On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:16:38 -0000, "'Mike'"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 31/1/08 17:00, in article
,
"judith.lea" wrote:

On Jan 30, 11:12 pm, Sacha wrote:
snip What I really, really need is a couple of tubes of Baume de
Pyrenées!
--

Consider it done, just so long as you don't want La Prairie, I can
oblige :-)

Judith

La Prairie - fat chance!! But I'll be very grateful for the Baume. The
French Chemist in Jersey that used to sell it has disappeared.
--
Sacha

Isn't this email stuff?

Kindest possible regards

Mike

Mike, don't you realise just how silly and childish your comments
sound? You are never going to upset Sacha by jumping in after her
posts, all you do is make yourself look foolish.
For Pete's sake, grow up!

So how do YOU differentiate between chit chat which should be email and
genuine postings?

Kindly explain

Kindest regards

Mike

BTW, I take it that you will approve of my chit chat on cruising matters
now? If so can I tell you about next Christmas' Cruise around New Zealand
and my visit to Australia if I put some content in of gardening, however
remote?