Old 25-02-2008, 08:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
PB PB is offline

Default Frog spawn

Last night I spotted the first lot of frogspawn in my pond. I don't
recall any as early as this before.
Old 25-02-2008, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Our frogspawn arrived a month early this year.
Ann

. ..

Old 25-02-2008, 01:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 25/2/08 08:47, in article ,
"pb" wrote:

Last night I spotted the first lot of frogspawn in my pond. I don't
recall any as early as this before.

Yes, we have some here, too and it's early for us. And it's in a
new-to-frog-spawn pond, which is excellent news.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 25-02-2008, 02:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

pb wrote in
:

Last night I spotted the first lot of frogspawn in my pond. I don't
recall any as early as this before.

Ours arrived just over a week ago, in a small
pond (1'*3'*18") near Bristol. If you walk
quietly but fast past the pond, the surface
"explodes" when the frogs spot you.

Doesn't half wake you up when you are half-awake
making the bleary-eyed walk to let the chickens out.
Old 25-02-2008, 04:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"pb" wrote in message
. ..
Last night I spotted the first lot of frogspawn in my pond. I don't
recall any as early as this before.

We have a large dish out on the gravel part of the gardens for the birds to
bath and 'play' in. Question. If Frog Spawn appears, would the birds eat it
or ignore it or stay away?

(One Blackbird and Three Sparrows having a bath at the same time is the
record ''total occupancy'') :-)

Mike

Old 26-02-2008, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Last few days at least 3 pairs of frogs mating. Today, frog spawn & more
pairs of frogs.. I think I counted over 5 pairs last year. A right
orgy!

JW

My Blog at: http://www.livejournal.com/users/sw33tf00l/
Old 27-02-2008, 12:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

We discovered frog spawn in our pond last week - four days earlier
than last year.

Kristina
on the Black Isle north of Inverness

www.spanglefish.com/oldorchard
Old 27-02-2008, 01:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

speaking of globular formations in pond water, in a small pond fed by a
very silty stream I noticed a cluster of silt-covered lumps, each about
the size of a grape, the whole cluster about the size of a cantaloupe,
anchored at one end to the mud, waving freely and gently at the other. I
didn't like to commit any invasive investigation, does anyone know what
this is? Someone's home? Someone's family?

Brian Mitchell
Old 10-03-2008, 12:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

JW writes
Last few days at least 3 pairs of frogs mating. Today, frog spawn & more
pairs of frogs.. I think I counted over 5 pairs last year. A right
orgy!

That's not an orgy! We counted 169, not necessarily confining themselves
to pairs ;-)
--
Kay

Frog Spawn Stephen G United Kingdom 2 15-04-2003 02:20 PM
We have frog spawn Kay Easton United Kingdom 18 23-03-2003 07:44 PM
My frog spawn sank Serenity United Kingdom 3 18-03-2003 06:09 PM
Frog spawn Instep Walking Holidays United Kingdom 0 18-03-2003 05:08 PM
Frog, toad and newt spawn Annabel United Kingdom 9 08-03-2003 05:45 PM