Old 18-04-2008, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT question for computer-y people

On 18/4/08 06:01, in article
,
"bobharvey" wrote:

On 15 Apr, 22:49, Sacha wrote:
I have an iMac as a desktop computer. It seems more sensible to stick to
that if I get a laptop?

Or consider what you need it for and think about one of these:
http://eeepc.asus.com/global/product.htm

The 4G model is around £250. It uses a suer-friendly version of
Linux, and if you won't want it on return, you will probably be able
to sell it for very close to what you paid for it.

Yes, that has been recommended to me already and I'm think about it very
seriously. Thank you.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 18-04-2008, 02:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 18/4/08 11:10, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 09:41:20 +0100, Sacha wrote:

On 18/4/08 06:01, in article
,
"bobharvey" wrote:

On 15 Apr, 22:49, Sacha wrote:
I have an iMac as a desktop computer. It seems more sensible to stick to
that if I get a laptop?

Or consider what you need it for and think about one of these:
http://eeepc.asus.com/global/product.htm

The 4G model is around £250. It uses a suer-friendly version of
Linux, and if you won't want it on return, you will probably be able
to sell it for very close to what you paid for it.

Yes, that has been recommended to me already and I'm think about it very
seriously. Thank you.

Look at the photo of the keyboard being used by children and wonder what it
looks like when used by adult hands.

I will but for the amount I'll be using it, it doesn't seem a great bother.
And it can't be worse than using a mobile phone which really does drive me
mad if I'm texting!

Old 18-04-2008, 05:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Apr 18, 9:41Â*am, Sacha wrote:
On 18/4/08 06:01, in article
,

"bobharvey" wrote:
On 15 Apr, 22:49, Sacha wrote:
I have an iMac as a desktop computer. Â*It seems more sensible to stick to
that if I get a laptop?

Or consider what you need it for and think about one of these:
http://eeepc.asus.com/global/product.htm

The 4G model is around �250. Â*It uses a suer-friendly version of
Linux, and if you won't want it on return, you will probably be able
to sell it for very close to what you paid for it.

Yes, that has been recommended to me already and I'm think about it very
seriously. Â*Thank you.

Sacha, this is your decision of course, but if your purpose is to 1)
purchase a phone to replace your current one, which you do not use all
that much, and 2) be able to email and phone home from time to time
while travelling in NZ, I would respectfully suggest the following:
1) Buy a bog standard Nokia (or whatever) that you can phone and text
with.
2) Get yourself a NZ sim when you get there
3) Hit the local internet cafe (cheap) or library (free) when you get
there, to email home from a web-based email account such as hotmail or
yahoo.

Of course, if you are secretly lusting after a seriously sexy
multifunctional phone that will make you coffee in the morning, knock
yourself out, girl! ;-)

Cat(h)

Old 18-04-2008, 06:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 18/4/08 17:02, in article
, "Cat(h)"
wrote:

On Apr 18, 9:41*am, Sacha wrote:
On 18/4/08 06:01, in article
,

"bobharvey" wrote:
On 15 Apr, 22:49, Sacha wrote:
[...]

Good words, Cat, because that really is all I want!

Of course, if you are secretly lusting after a seriously sexy
multifunctional phone that will make you coffee in the morning, knock
yourself out, girl! ;-)

Too late for that. ;-))