Old 16-04-2008, 12:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT question for computer-y people

Mogga wrote:
On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 22:49:21 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

Why mac?
You can pick up incredibly cheap laptops at [even] pc world these
days - or other online shops like microdirect.

I have an iMac as a desktop computer. It seems more sensible to stick to
that if I get a laptop?

Ahh. Yes I can see the logic in that. (Can you get a mac emulator for
windows?) You could always have fun learning how to use a windows
machine though - asus eee is small, light and pretty. And very cheap.

.... but the Asus eee isn't a Windows machine is it? .... or is that
what you were saying?

--
Chris Green
Old 16-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Unless you have a lot of E-Mails to send/receive, or they are of a sensitive nature just use a cyber café, it saves lugging a laptop around.
Old 16-04-2008, 03:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Why mac?
You can pick up incredibly cheap laptops at [even] *pc world these
days - or other online shops like microdirect.

I have an iMac as a desktop computer. *It seems more sensible to stick to
that if I get a laptop?

Ahh. Yes I can see the logic in that. (Can you get a mac emulator for
windows?) * You could always have fun learning how to use a windows
machine though - asus eee is small, light and pretty. And very cheap.

... but the Asus eee isn't a Windows machine is it? *.... or is that
what you were saying?

The last linux machine we set up was a million times easier than
windows. *And it's cheaper because you're not paying for a windows
licence.
--http://www.orderonlinepickupinstore.co.uk
Ah fetch it yourself if you can't wait for deliveryhttp://www.freedeliveryuk.co.ukhttp://www.holidayunder100.co.uk- Hide quoted text -

I can vouch for all the above. The other half is a microsoft hater,
and he has me half converted to Linux and OO. Half only, mind,
because I work in the real world, where mostly everyone is on windowsy
programmes, and it is just too complicated toing and froing from one
to the other.
At this stage, I'll say "dandelion", just to bring us back on
topic ;-)

Cat(h)