Old 23-04-2003, 05:10 PM
SARAH

Default Scorched Lawn Due to overfeeding.

Due to using what appears to be a malfunctioning spreader. I have areas on
my lawn which are scorched due to overfeeding. Is there any other solution
other than digging out the effected areas and re-seeding or re-turfing.

Thanks for any assistance

Sarah

Old 23-04-2003, 05:37 PM
pied piper

"SARAH" wrote in message
Due to using what appears to be a malfunctioning spreader. I have areas on
my lawn which are scorched due to overfeeding. Is there any other solution
other than digging out the effected areas and re-seeding or re-turfing.

Thanks for any assistance

Sarah

keep well watered you may be lucky and the grass will come back soak it for
an hour every day for 5 days then every other day even if it rains

Old 23-04-2003, 10:44 PM
Rod

"pied piper" wrote in message

"SARAH" wrote in message
Due to using what appears to be a malfunctioning spreader. I have areas

on
my lawn which are scorched due to overfeeding. Is there any other

solution
other than digging out the effected areas and re-seeding or re-turfing.

Thanks for any assistance

Sarah

keep well watered you may be lucky and the grass will come back soak it

for
an hour every day for 5 days then every other day even if it rains

One of our blokes made a mistake, burst a hydraulic pipe on the mower last
week and sprayed a couple of litres of oil over the lawn - aaargh. He
*won't* be doing *that* again.

Rod

Old 27-04-2003, 10:20 AM
Laurie Moseley

It happened to me last year. Now, nearly a year later, it has almost all grown
back again. Strangely enough, what has grown back is very green and lush !

The only thing that I did was to use a wire rake to loosen the burnt bits.

I don't know if that is the recommended or fastest technique, but it seems to
have worked for us.

Laurie
Laurie (Laurence) Moseley

Plus Ultra

Expert Systems, Decision-Making, Argentinian Tango & Golf

SCORCHED LAWN Steve Davies United Kingdom 8 05-05-2007 08:26 AM
Urgent honeysuckle help-scorched!! Need help today! hakakahn Gardening 4 16-06-2006 03:22 AM
need help with scorched winter lawn [email protected] Lawns 4 08-01-2006 01:01 PM
Scorched moby Lawns 1 22-07-2005 03:47 PM
HELP /w 1500 Gallon pond! Overfeeding David Ponds 21 26-11-2003 05:07 PM