Old 05-05-2008, 02:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Composting for the 'Haven't a Clue'

New to gardening? Compost confused?

Hope the following pictures might help :-)

http://www.myalbum.com/Album-OQFDHPQP

Not a big garden. 20 ft x 120 ft but put to good use and packed tight :-)

err how long to get it like this? 22 years of change, but finally 'settled
down' to a plan over the last 6 years

Mike

Old 05-05-2008, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 5, 2:03*pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
New to gardening? Compost confused?

Hope the following pictures might help :-)

Wow!! New to the group its my first posting. I'm Sue and in
Northumberland. Felt we'd had a good day in the garden till I read
this Mike! Sadly you can't see much progress. We are out of touch
with our garden after starting two businesses in the last seven years
and having two of us rather ill. Now the garden that seemed like such
a good idea is way big and very out of control BUT grim determination
will I hope get us there.

Not a big garden. 20 ft x 120 ft but put to good use and packed tight :-)

I can't wait! And given you can barely see our progress this evening
- barr the sun burn despite factor 20 I live in hope.

err how long to get it like this? 22 years of change,

Hmmmmm! May be a bit of an issue there cause not sure I can wait the
22 years!! But hey, I'm all for challenge! We have a front garden,
back garden, drive with flower beds and a seperate side garden that is
immense and covered in nettles! Progress could make an interesting
tale and I hope not a backwards one. Took lots of pics today and hope
to get them on the web soon so you can see what we're up against and
then view progress (hoping this spurs us on to great things!).

Sue.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"herbgarden" wrote in message
On May 5, 2:03 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
[...]

.................................................. ..................

Hi Sue.

Don't be disheartened :-)

I am not a gardener, 'her outdoors' is. I am the 'put a path here', or 'put
some slabs there' part of gardening. 'Oh just make me a Compost Bin' (I do
get the pleases and the thank you's :-))

Have a look at http://www.myalbum.com/Album-PULG8BU7 and see what it was
like when we moved in. How we came to be here is another story :-(((((((

Good luck

Mike

Old 06-05-2008, 07:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hi Sue.

Don't be disheartened :-)

I am not a gardener, 'her outdoors' is. I am the 'put a path here', or 'put
some slabs there' part of gardening. 'Oh just make me a Compost Bin' (I do
get the pleases and the thank you's :-))

Have a look athttp://www.myalbum.com/Album-PULG8BU7and see what it was
like when we moved in. How we came to be here is another story :-(((((((

Oh stories like that are always so interesting. We have a similar
one.

Heavens Mike what a difference, it looks great now. Thats sort of
what we have now, only we have more of it which is good and bad.
Good because I'd like even more but bad because we just don't have the
time. Trying to work out how to work less hours but get paid the
same! I'll get piccies sorted in the next few days (as long as I
don't have to work longer too!) so you can see my 'mess'.

Sue.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

'Mike' wrote:
New to gardening? Compost confused?

Hope the following pictures might help :-)

http://www.myalbum.com/Album-OQFDHPQP

Not a big garden. 20 ft x 120 ft but put to good use and packed tight :-)

err how long to get it like this? 22 years of change, but finally 'settled
down' to a plan over the last 6 years

Mike

Hi Mike,

May I ask the name of the plant you refer to as a "thug" please?

It looks a good choice for my garden as I want to create a natural
privacy screen approx 4m wide. Thinking along the lines of bamboo
(nigra), tall grasses, cordylines etc.

Many thanks!

Sandy

Old 06-05-2008, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sandy" wrote in message
'Mike' wrote:
New to gardening? Compost confused?

Hope the following pictures might help :-)

http://www.myalbum.com/Album-OQFDHPQP

Not a big garden. 20 ft x 120 ft but put to good use and packed tight :-)

err how long to get it like this? 22 years of change, but finally
'settled down' to a plan over the last 6 years

Mike

Hi Mike,

May I ask the name of the plant you refer to as a "thug" please?

It looks a good choice for my garden as I want to create a natural privacy
screen approx 4m wide. Thinking along the lines of bamboo (nigra), tall
grasses, cordylines etc.

Many thanks!

Sandy

Hi Sandy

Taken some more photos and put the answers with them on
http://www.myalbum.com/Album-KZMK73TA

Hope that helps

Mike

Old 06-05-2008, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ed Ed is offline

On 05/05/08 14:03, 'Mike' wrote:
New to gardening? Compost confused?

Hope the following pictures might help :-)

http://www.myalbum.com/Album-OQFDHPQP

Not a big garden. 20 ft x 120 ft but put to good use and packed tight :-)

err how long to get it like this? 22 years of change, but finally 'settled
down' to a plan over the last 6 years

Mike

You got some decent compost bins!! U build em yourself?

Ed

Old 06-05-2008, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ed" ex@directory wrote in message
On 05/05/08 14:03, 'Mike' wrote:
New to gardening? Compost confused?

Hope the following pictures might help :-)

http://www.myalbum.com/Album-OQFDHPQP

Not a big garden. 20 ft x 120 ft but put to good use and packed tight :-)

err how long to get it like this? 22 years of change, but finally
'settled down' to a plan over the last 6 years

Mike

You got some decent compost bins!! U build em yourself?

Ed

Hi Ed

Yes. 3 x 1 sawn, drilled and coated with preservative.

Want some closer pictures or details?

When the working one on the right, the one under the plastic sheet is full
to overflowing, the one under the roofing felt lid is sifted and bagged and
the rest scattered as mulch, then the working one is turned into the now
empty one and off we go again :-) Anything which has not rotted down goes
back into the working bin in the bottom.

:-))

Seems to work for someone who 'Hasn't a clue' ;-)

Mike

Help. I haven't got a clue!! jackrmee Lawns 6 04-07-2011 10:41 AM
Not a clue!!! Pond Virgin Ponds 8 27-07-2005 02:59 AM
New Gardener, not got a clue !!! KEVIN MORRISSEY United Kingdom 24 17-03-2004 04:46 AM
des-weges is in need of a clue des-weges Gardening 8 06-07-2003 01:08 PM
Help with crossword clue John Sullivan United Kingdom 4 06-02-2003 07:57 AM