Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-05-2008, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,england.rec.gardening,free.uk.gardening
Ed Ed is offline

Default Crop Rotation.. Confused!

I have just taken over an allotment and am in the process of clearing
all (well most?) of the nasty weeds etc by the end of the summer. I
plan to divide the allotment into 6 parts. One part is for permanent
crops like fruit and the remaining five would rotate in the following order:

Legumes, followed by
Brassicas, followed by
Fallow, followed by
Potatoes, followed by
Onions/Roots

I have read a number of articles on google and they all seem to offer
different rotations. For example some suggest following Brassicas by
Legumes; others suggest the reverse.

Does the plan, that I outlined above , seem OK? Or is it flawed.?

(The fallow bed is to allow me a chance to do deep deep cleaning of
weeds and will also provide a space for me to bed out some plants like
Wallflowers that I grow from seed before I transfer then to their final
positions in the autumn in the flower garden at home.)

Ed

Will an Andean spudfield rotation crop replace potato nematicides? briancady413 Permaculture 0 14-08-2003 06:09 AM
Crop rotation advice please John Towill United Kingdom 1 11-05-2003 04:46 PM
crop rotation Jane VR Permaculture 2 05-05-2003 01:08 PM
Crop Rotation McGrew Brothers Farm sci.agriculture 3 26-04-2003 12:20 PM
crop rotation Jane VR Permaculture 2 03-04-2003 12:56 AM