Old 09-06-2008, 11:29 PM
Registered User

Smile Growing Lupins from seed - question?

Hi there, I planted some lupin seeds in early March, the majority of which seem to be doing well, they have been put into seperate pots, I found this picture online which shows seedlings of a very similar size

http://www.gardenersworld.com/what-t...ouse/small.jpg

I'm a complete beginner & the only directions I have are on the seed packet which states that they will flower next spring, my question is, what do I do with the plants until then? Will they need to continue moving into larger pots until winter passes this year? They are currently outside in their pots & aside from one which appears to have been eaten by something they are all thriving.

Any advice welcome, many thanks.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Growing Lupins from seed - question?

Freedom_Spark writes

http://tinyurl.com/49yyar

I'm a complete beginner & the only directions I have are on the seed
packet which states that they will flower next spring, my question is,
what do I do with the plants until then? Will they need to continue
moving into larger pots until winter passes this year? They are
currently outside in their pots & aside from one which appears to have
been eaten by something they are all thriving.

Any advice welcome, many thanks.

Once they get to a reasonable size, they can be planted out in the
garden. But they are *very* attractive to slugs, which are quite capable
of killing the entire plant.

--
Kay