Old 02-07-2008, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default no apples :-(

I have two apple trees, one of them had nasty fungus on the leaves last
year. I took them all off and sprayed with dithans945 (also used for peach
leaf curl). There are no apples at all this year on it, though quite a few
on the one next door. any advice please? Do I chop it back, or spray it
with something, or....

thanks

Old 03-07-2008, 06:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Spooooool" wrote in message
I have two apple trees, one of them had nasty fungus on the leaves last
year. I took them all off and sprayed with dithans945 (also used for peach
leaf curl). There are no apples at all this year on it, though quite a few
on the one next door. any advice please? Do I chop it back, or spray it
with something, or....

thanks

You don't say where you are. Could a late frost have damaged the flowers?

Spider

Old 03-07-2008, 09:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Spider writes

"Spooooool" wrote in message
I have two apple trees, one of them had nasty fungus on the leaves last
year. I took them all off and sprayed with dithans945 (also used for peach
leaf curl). There are no apples at all this year on it, though quite a few
on the one next door. any advice please? Do I chop it back, or spray it
with something, or....

thanks

You don't say where you are. Could a late frost have damaged the flowers?

Well, I suppose the first question is - did you have any flowers? If you
had flowers, did they develop into small fruits which have since fallen
off, or did the flowers not develop into fruits?

When you say 'nasty fungus' - what exactly do you mean?

When did you remove all the leaves? It's possible, if the tree was
without leaves for a substantial part of last year, that it didn't have
the energy to put into flower development this year.

Finally, how big is the tree?
--
Kay

Apples Bill726 Gardening 1 24-02-2003 05:15 AM
Cox's apples sparky United Kingdom 9 14-01-2003 07:54 PM
Disfigured bramley apples. Johnathan United Kingdom 2 17-11-2002 10:28 AM
Family apples (was Herb usage?) Big Al United Kingdom 1 24-10-2002 06:18 PM
Apples again anton United Kingdom 3 22-10-2002 11:44 PM