Old 02-07-2008, 07:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bees

Bees have taken up residence in an asparagus ridge. I think they have
eaten most of the asparagus - any idea how to get rid of them? TIA

Will

Old 02-07-2008, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Brian Lawrance" wrote in message
news
Bees have taken up residence in an asparagus ridge. I think they have
eaten most of the asparagus - any idea how to get rid of them? TIA

Will

I don't think bees eat asparagus, in my opinion they will do more good
than harm, remember bees are our friends.
I personally would leave well alone to do there job.

Wally

Old 02-07-2008, 09:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
"Wally" writes:
| "Brian Lawrance" wrote in message
| news | Bees have taken up residence in an asparagus ridge. I think they have
| eaten most of the asparagus - any idea how to get rid of them? TIA
|
| I don't think bees eat asparagus, in my opinion they will do more good
| than harm, remember bees are our friends.
| I personally would leave well alone to do there job.

No UK bee will eat asparagus, and all are beneficial to the gardener.
If this is a genuine post, the OP needs to look elsewhere for the
cause of the lost asparagus. Trolls can get knotted.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Brian Lawrance" contains these words:

Bees have taken up residence in an asparagus ridge. I think they have
eaten most of the asparagus - any idea how to get rid of them? TIA

Bees won't harm your asparagus. Let them be. Um, let them bee?

Their pollination activities far outweigh any worries you might have.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 02-07-2008, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Wally" wrote:

Bees have taken up residence in an asparagus ridge. I think they have
eaten most of the asparagus - any idea how to get rid of them? TIA

I don't think bees eat asparagus, in my opinion they will do more good
than harm, remember bees are our friends.

With the serious decline in the bee population we should be doing all we can
to support them. If they like the OP's asparagus then they should be out
there planting more. I wouldn't have thought they would eat that though - it
would make their pee stink.

There's a bush just outside my back door which looks like nothing but the
bees go berserk for its nondescript little flowers. It is, literally,
buzzing with them. I must admit I am a little wary when I'm out there for a
fag but I wouldn't do anything to dissuade them from using it.

Cats are still fair game though...

Mel.

--
eBid - The Friendlier Online Auction Site
Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy

Old 02-07-2008, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Astral Voyager" wrote in message
"Wally" wrote:

Bees have taken up residence in an asparagus ridge. I think they have
eaten most of the asparagus - any idea how to get rid of them? TIA

I don't think bees eat asparagus, in my opinion they will do more good
than harm, remember bees are our friends.

With the serious decline in the bee population we should be doing all we
can to support them. If they like the OP's asparagus then they should be
out there planting more. I wouldn't have thought they would eat that
though - it would make their pee stink.

The price of BP stinks anyway )

Wally

Old 04-07-2008, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Brian Lawrance
writes
Bees have taken up residence in an asparagus ridge. I think they have
eaten most of the asparagus - any idea how to get rid of them? TIA

The damage is very unlikely to be due to bees. The two main culprits
would be slugs or the asparagus beetle. Both adult and larval forms of
the beetle munch away at the foliage and the stems - this should help
you identify and deal with them - http://tinyurl.com/5h5xof
--
Robert