Old 09-07-2008, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Devon ahoy

We're thinking of selling the cars and buying a couple of canoes....

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 09-07-2008, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Sacha
writes
We're thinking of selling the cars and buying a couple of canoes....

I see what you mean:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/
--
Gordon H
Old 09-07-2008, 02:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 9/7/08 14:35, in article , "Gordon H"
wrote:

In message , Sacha
writes
We're thinking of selling the cars and buying a couple of canoes....

I see what you mean:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

Our only consolations are that we don't have to a) water the garden or sales
areas outside and b) we live on a bit of a hill!

Old 09-07-2008, 04:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 9/7/08 14:35, in article , "Gordon H"
wrote:

In message , Sacha
writes
We're thinking of selling the cars and buying a couple of canoes....

I see what you mean:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

Our only consolations are that we don't have to a) water the garden or
sales
areas outside and b) we live on a bit of a hill!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

I went out with Ben, one of the Woodside dogs today along the river Plym. It
is well over the banks, even more than during the winter and it was never
such a torrent in the winter either

Old 09-07-2008, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

We're thinking of selling the cars and buying a couple of canoes....

Fit propellors to yer wellies and have a pair of motorboots...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 09-07-2008, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Sacha contains these words:
On 9/7/08 14:32, in article ,
"Jennifer Sparkes" wrote:
The message
from Sacha contains these words:

We're thinking of selling the cars and buying a couple of canoes....

... and if the wind gets up again I'll set sail and come and see you!

Jennifer - in Bristol

Mooring lines are in place, Jennifer! The garden is just sodden and water
is pouring down all the lanes as if they were streams. I should think the
river Dart at Staverton Bridge must be overflowing its banks. We have great
pools of water lying on the lawn, especially under the big old cedar tree
and we won't be able to walk on it for ages because it just seems to hold
the water like a giant sponge.
The roses have given up the unequal struggle and are brown balls of wet
misery.
Still - someone has told us it's going to be a lovely September!

Electricity was due to be off all day because they were supposed to be
burying a cable and connecting it. Decided not to go into Naaardge this
morning, cycled into the village and did a bit of shopping, and lined-up
some unelectric activities for the day.

Eclectic Elves arrived in their mobile toolbox/canteen, faffed about a
bit, then one of them revisited all the houses which had been warned of
the 'outage' to say that the other half of the job hadn't been done -
namely, the laying of the cable, so they couldn't connect it up, and we
could have power all day...

Then it began raining.

And it continued.

And didn't stop.

And it's still raining.

The forecast was for a better day than yesterday. Did they mean to say a
wetter day?

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 09-07-2008, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 9/7/08 16:29, in article , "Robert
(Plymouth)" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 9/7/08 14:35, in article
, "Gordon H"
wrote:

In message , Sacha
writes
We're thinking of selling the cars and buying a couple of canoes....

I see what you mean:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

Our only consolations are that we don't have to a) water the garden or
sales
areas outside and b) we live on a bit of a hill!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

I went out with Ben, one of the Woodside dogs today along the river Plym. It
is well over the banks, even more than during the winter and it was never
such a torrent in the winter either

Glad to see you're still there, Robert! I hope your allotment isn't
suffering too much. ;-(

Old 09-07-2008, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 9, 6:16 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 9/7/08 16:29, in article , "Robert

(Plymouth)" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
.. .
On 9/7/08 14:35, in article , "Gordon H"
wrote:

In message , Sacha
writes
We're thinking of selling the cars and buying a couple of canoes....

I see what you mean:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

Our only consolations are that we don't have to a) water the garden or
sales
areas outside and b) we live on a bit of a hill!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

I went out with Ben, one of the Woodside dogs today along the river Plym. It
is well over the banks, even more than during the winter and it was never
such a torrent in the winter either

Glad to see you're still there, Robert! I hope your allotment isn't
suffering too much. ;-(

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

Don't tell me you are going to take up sailing round the Med again
Sacha???? If you are I'm coming, it's time for another holiday :-)

Judith
Old 09-07-2008, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 9/7/08 18:18, in article
, "Judith

(Plymouth)" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 9/7/08 14:35, in article , "Gordon H"
wrote:

In message , Sacha
writes
[...]

Not in a canoe, no! Actually, no not at all. I think we're a bit too
creaky for long distance sailing now. I'd like to take a holiday somewhere
where we could spend a week sailing, though. Ray's never done any and to me
it's about the most relaxing way of taking a holiday.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
says...
The message
from Sacha contains these words:

We're thinking of selling the cars and buying a couple of canoes....

... and if the wind gets up again I'll set sail and come and see you!

Jennifer - in Bristol

What do you mean IF :~)
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Old 09-07-2008, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

You've got it too? ;-( The wind hasn't been strong here today but it's
getting up now and the rain is still doing what it does best - falling
relentlessly out of the sky. Truly, I believe this country can only make a
fortune if it cuts taxes to 10% and bribes everyone to move here. Nobody
would come for the climate!

How short memories are!

Remember dry reservoirs? Rivers down to trickles? Streams dried-up?

How long is it since there was a scare that we were becoming an arid region?

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Wood Chips Ahoy j[_2_] Gardening 3 15-07-2011 03:04 AM
Delivered Manure in Plymouth, Devon? Serendipity United Kingdom 5 19-10-2003 09:03 AM
A.R.T. Tour, Dartington, Devon. Sun 22nd June 2003 Jim W United Kingdom 3 22-06-2003 01:08 PM
Frost in S. Devon sacha United Kingdom 21 08-01-2003 08:10 PM
Limp Broad Beans(was Frost in S. Devon) Steve Harris United Kingdom 5 08-01-2003 12:10 PM