Old 15-07-2008, 05:50 PM
Registered User

Thumbs up billit

what in the opinion of the many gardeners that log on to this site is the best soil to plant clematis I intend to plant about six along a border and I seek advice as to the best conditions to plant them in.
Old 15-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billit View Post
what in the opinion of the many gardeners that log on to this site is the best soil to plant clematis I intend to plant about six along a border and I seek advice as to the best conditions to plant them in.
Good rich soil, lots of manure in the bottom of the trench, but make sure the roots are covered by a stone or other plants. Clematis do not like a dry root run, and do best with their roots in cool, damp shade, but their heads in the sun. They need plenty of water and good feeding.

billit Billit United Kingdom 2 27-06-2008 11:14 PM
billit Billit United Kingdom 3 26-06-2008 08:48 PM
billit Billit United Kingdom 3 18-06-2008 06:45 PM
billit Billit United Kingdom 3 12-06-2008 09:42 AM
billit Billit United Kingdom 9 31-03-2008 09:20 PM