Old 20-07-2008, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default White Phalaenopsis

On Jul 19, 11:36 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 19/7/08 22:38, in article ,

"Martin" wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 22:16:36 +0100, Sacha wrote:

On 19/7/08 17:22, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 16:45:29 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Don't you believe it. I have spent all day from 10.30 this am to around
4pm
today with the computer guru

Age 11 years and 3 months?

If I was a five year old it would be a cinch.

a pushover even?

In my entire life nobody has ever described me thus!

The problems start when the 11 year old finds girls more interesting than
fiddling with your PC.

I'll take your word for it!
But I can promise you that neither of us can programme our dvd player to
'record'. Pitiful.......

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

err em, I cannot do ours either.

Judith
Old 20-07-2008, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 20, 10:58 am, Martin wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 15:08:20 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On Jul 19, 10:40 pm, Martin wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 14:21:12 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On Jul 19, 8:02 pm, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote "Bob Hobden" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote

That would be it. I use nin and am too computer unsavvy to swap
around,
Bob. I use tinypic when I want to publish a photo to this group.

I'll send you the photo by mail then but you are missing some wonderful
garden and plant photos from all around the world.

Judith --
Regards
Bob Hobden

Bob can you send me one too please, Sacha is far more computer
literate than me!!!!

It's on it's way.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Thank you sweetie, I got it! It is so beautiful, I wish I could get
this in France, plants are soooo expensive here.

Don't the Dutch export them to France by the thousand hidden among the boxes of
amphetamines like they do to UK? I'm sure they could afford to give the flowers
away with the money they make exporting drugs in flower trucks.
--

Martin

Martin!!!!!! I don't do drugs, never have, never will, how are you?

Damp in wet Zuid Holland.
--

Martin

Best you jump in the car then, it is hot here and I have to brave
searing sun to get into the pool although rain is forecast at 2p.m. We
certainly need it, I use well water for my plants but the level is
going down quite fast.

Judith
Old 20-07-2008, 12:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20/7/08 11:01, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 23:37:35 +0100, Sacha wrote:

On 19/7/08 22:40, in article
,

wrote:

[...]

Your liver okay, Martin? That appears a somewhat jaundiced view!

It's drug smuggling to UK in flower trucks is big business. When even the
Dutch
police start to catch trucks destined for UK with large quantities of drugs
amongst the flowers it has to be.

Surely the police must be in the know about it here, too? Don't they catch
them first try?!

Old 20-07-2008, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 20, 5:44 pm, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 12:48:29 +0100, Sacha wrote:

wrote:

[...]

They don't have the time or staff to search every flower truck as it arrives in
UK. They've caught them importing drugs into UK for years. The French regularly
catch Dutch trucks carrying hard drugs. The Dutch customs found 17 tonnes of
marijuana in a ship in Amsterdam harbour last week.

Don't they catch
them first try?!

It's an innovation that the police have done it at this end. Normally they seem
to focus on finding people cultivating marijuana.
--

Martin

But I thought it was acceptable to smoke the stuff in Holland?

Judith

Old 20-07-2008, 11:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 20, 10:04 pm, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 11:17:18 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:

[...]

It's legal to be in possession of small quantities; and smoke it in "coffee"
shops, so long as it is not mixed with tobacco. It is illegal to grow and import
it. It's easier to catch those who grow it, than those who import it in vast
quantities. I've never touched the stuff myself, nor have I any plans to do so.
Giving up smoking was the was most difficult thing I ever did.
--

Martin

I'm not sure I understand Martin, if it is legal to smoke it, how does
one grow it if it is illegal!!!! It's a bit like the chicken and the
egg, yes?

Judith
Old 21-07-2008, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 21, 4:05 pm, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 15:09:02 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:

[...]

This one doesn't. The law is nonsense. If they allowed people to grow it, they
would have the USA & France jumping up and down with excitement.

Force 8 pouring down and cold in Zuid Hollandhttp://www.noordwijk.info/noordwijk/live-webcams/livecam.asp
--

Martin

Aah understood. Hot and sticky here in the Auvergne, the storm will
break soon - I hope.

Judith
Old 22-07-2008, 09:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 21, 5:55 pm, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 09:42:20 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:

[...]

Whatever happened to global warming?
--

Martin

We have it here! I have opened the roof windows (Velux) and the
bottom floor windows to create air exchange, phew!

Judith

Old 23-07-2008, 10:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 23, 8:43 am, Martin wrote:
On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 13:07:07 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
Whatever happened to global warming?
--

Martin

We have it here! I have opened the roof windows (Velux) and the
bottom floor windows to create air exchange, phew!

I noticed the smell of hot stale air.
--

Martin

You are asking for a clip round the ear!

Judith