Old 19-07-2008, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT web site question

If you have a lot of pictures in a folder on a web site is it possible
using something antiquated like frontpage 2000 to run them as a slide
show?
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Old 19-07-2008, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Charlie Pridham wrote:
If you have a lot of pictures in a folder on a web site is it possible
using something antiquated like frontpage 2000 to run them as a slide
show?

Long time since I looked at FP, but I don't think so.
I use Photostory from Mr. Gates.......
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...y/default.mspx
HTH
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 19-07-2008, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 19/7/08 13:57, in article ,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

If you have a lot of pictures in a folder on a web site is it possible
using something antiquated like frontpage 2000 to run them as a slide
show?

Get a Mac and RapidWeaver. ;-))

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 19-07-2008, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote:
On 19/7/08 13:57, in article
, "Charlie Pridham"
wrote:

If you have a lot of pictures in a folder on a web site is it
possible using something antiquated like frontpage 2000 to run them
as a slide show?

Get a Mac and RapidWeaver. ;-))

You weave macs?
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 19-07-2008, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Charlie Pridham contains these words:

If you have a lot of pictures in a folder on a web site is it possible
using something antiquated like frontpage 2000 to run them as a slide
show?

Possible, probably, but horrendously huge files.

I wouldn't touch Frontpage with yours....

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Old 19-07-2008, 08:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Pete C" contains these words:
Sacha wrote:
On 19/7/08 13:57, in article
, "Charlie Pridham"
wrote:

If you have a lot of pictures in a folder on a web site is it
possible using something antiquated like frontpage 2000 to run them
as a slide show?

Get a Mac and RapidWeaver. ;-))

You weave macs?

Well, making plastic sheet is harder.

Look at Dreamweaver - some scanners give it away with their softwa
there's sure to be someone (else) with it.

The best (most compact) program to use on the computer is Irfanview, but
I don't know how easy it would be to graft it into your website.

The easiest option is either to put the pics up with thumbnail versions
- f'rinstance, dahlia_001.jpg and dahlia_01.jpg and include the line

a href="dahlia_001.jpg" img src="dahlia_01.jpg" click for larger pic /a

and similar for the rest, then your viewer can choose which pics to look
at, and for how long.

Or, if you want to do the job properly, create a separate directory
called (for example), 'thumbs' and put the thumbnail pics in that, and
use lines like this:

a href="dahlia_001.jpg" img src="thumbs/dahlia_001.jpg" click for
larger pic /a

(Note that in the first method, because your thumbnail and the main pic
are in the same directory, they must have different names. your
thumbnails, if in a separate directory, can have the same name.)

You can make it a bit better-looking by putting in a header "Click for
larger pic" and then use the two lines:

a href="dahlia_001.jpg" img src="dahlia_01.jpg"/a And put any text
after the HTML tags.
br
br
a href="dahlia_001.jpg" img src="thumbs/dahlia_01.jpg"/a More text.

If you want the thumbnail on the right,

a href="dahlia_001.jpg" img src="dahlia_01.jpg" align="right"/a
Longer spaces can be put in by putting a space followed by

The longer the space, the more it will look like this:
        etc.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 19-07-2008, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote in message
k...
The message
from Charlie Pridham contains these words:

If you have a lot of pictures in a folder on a web site is it possible
using something antiquated like frontpage 2000 to run them as a slide
show?

Possible, probably, but horrendously huge files.

Not necessarily so. THere is software (probably even freeware) that will
convert jpegs to Flash format without "horrendously huge" file sizes,
although that depends on definitions of those terms :-) The resulting move
can then be embedded.

I wouldn't touch Frontpage with yours....

Me neither - nowt wrong with Notepad :-)

Old 20-07-2008, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 19, 1:57 pm, Charlie Pridham
wrote:
If you have a lot of pictures in a folder on a web site is it possible
using something antiquated like frontpage 2000 to run them as a slide
show?
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwallwww.roselandhouse.co.uk
Lapageria rosea

Val, who posts here is an expert on all things computer and she has
her own website she will certainly know the answer, mind you that Pete
C is pretty good too.

Judith

Old 20-07-2008, 01:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 20, 12:42 pm, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 02:48:19 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
If you have a lot of pictures in a folder on a web site is it possible
using something antiquated like frontpage 2000 to run them as a slide
show?
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwallwww.roselandhouse.co.uk
Lapageria rosea

Val, who posts here is an expert on all things computer and she has
her own website she will certainly know the answer, mind you that Pete
C is pretty good too.

and Sacha's little helper )
--

Martin

Duh I forgot you little helper :-)

Judith
Old 20-07-2008, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "gavin" contains these words:
"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote in message
k...
The message
from Charlie Pridham contains these words:

If you have a lot of pictures in a folder on a web site is it possible
using something antiquated like frontpage 2000 to run them as a slide
show?

Possible, probably, but horrendously huge files.

Not necessarily so. THere is software (probably even freeware) that will
convert jpegs to Flash format without "horrendously huge" file sizes,
although that depends on definitions of those terms :-) The
resulting move
can then be embedded.

I was talking about Frontpage, not the pics.

I wouldn't touch Frontpage with yours....

Me neither - nowt wrong with Notepad :-)

Quite - but I'd hesitate to suggest it as few people can do it in Notepad etc.

Editing a webpage in it is a lot easier...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 20-07-2008, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Charlie Pridham contains these words:

It was just a thought, I thought maybe I had missed something obvious!

If you want a copy of a perfectly adequate (but elderly) HTML 4 tutor
and (probably) editor, CD, let me know and I'll send you one. (Got it
with an old HTML tutorial book - haven't looked at the CD though.)

Most of my website (needs tidying-up!) was written in HTML 3.2, and some
of it, an even simpler version. The only pages which are properly
compliant are written in HTML 4.1 transitional - however, FWIW, have a
peek at

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

and (just for fun!)

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/ad/

And if you do, and are wondering, yes, I have a brace of successful
applicants, and pics of their work, and them at work, and the
transformation of my wilderness section to something approaching a
garden.

The pics will be put into a proper page soon, and uploaded...

In the meantime, I think you might find the beginnings at

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/garden.htm

I *THINK* I put it up, but haven't checked owing to this broadbean
dongle only working at ordinary mobile phone speeds, and a lot of this
month's time online being used-up by some git who sent me a 1·1 MB jpeg
when he could have reduced the thing to less than 50 KB...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Best site for freelancer work (PHP, Web site, java, oracle sql, php,data entry) arti United Kingdom 0 04-07-2009 03:53 PM
Web site question harry wong Orchids 2 30-12-2003 05:32 PM
[IBC] Vendor links by state on NBF site [Was: [IBC] Web Site Changes] Chris Cochrane Bonsai 0 04-08-2003 03:22 PM
Web hosting for your gardening web site. $1.95 per month Hostronica Web Hosting Gardening 0 01-05-2003 06:56 AM
Web site question! XdjipsterX Bonsai 0 03-03-2003 04:51 PM