Old 06-08-2008, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default ladybirds

I have not seen one this summer but plenty of aphids. Am in NE
Derbyshire east of Pennines. comments?
Old 06-08-2008, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Yuri" wrote in a message:
I have not seen one this summer but plenty of aphids. Am in NE Derbyshire
east of Pennines. comments?

----
Not many recorded in my Cambridgeshire garden so far this year.
Could have something to do with all the rain.
Whitefly I DO have. Nothing seems to kill them, they just keep
returning in greater numbers.

MD

Old 06-08-2008, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Yuri
writes
I have not seen one this summer but plenty of aphids. Am in NE
Derbyshire east of Pennines. comments?

I have seen just five in S Devon during the last couple of months, two
of which were Harlequins which is not good news.

--
Robert
Old 07-08-2008, 04:10 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri View Post
I have not seen one this summer but plenty of aphids. Am in NE
Derbyshire east of Pennines. comments?
Not many ladybirds, but not many aphids either. Have not had to go round cleaning up the roses at all.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabunga View Post
Not many ladybirds, but not many aphids either. Have not had to go round cleaning up the roses at all.
Same here. I usually find the aphids go into retreat once the hoverflies become numerous, and they seem especially numerous this year. They are really big aphid-eaters.

Ladybirds Troy United Kingdom 32 27-03-2005 10:55 PM
Ladybirds galore Pam Morris United Kingdom 2 27-03-2005 10:50 AM
Greenfly / Ladybirds JennyC United Kingdom 7 16-05-2004 01:11 PM
Ladybirds Troy United Kingdom 2 18-04-2004 05:07 AM
where are all the ladybirds? Pickle United Kingdom 6 08-07-2003 06:32 AM