Old 03-09-2008, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default has the Met office lost the plot?

In message , dutchman
wrote
Can somebody enlighten me as to

1 - The national BBC weather forecast has no clouds any way near us.
But the local BBC weather shows rain.

2 - Yahoo weather, BBC weather and Met office web sites all show
different weather forecasts for the same place. I just have do an
average of all 3 to get a reasonable forecast.

3 - When I check out the weather on the Met office (typically) website
we are on the very edge of the 'West Midlands' map and right on the
very edge of the 'East Midlands' map. When will I be able to get the
forecast for my town bang in the middle of the screen. My response
from the met office was 'you get what we give you'.

The weather computer models cannot agree on what the forecast is for
tomorrow but when the same models are used to predict global warming
suddenly normally sane people believe the results!

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
Old 03-09-2008, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Alan writes:

| The weather computer models cannot agree on what the forecast is for
| tomorrow but when the same models are used to predict global warming
| suddenly normally sane people believe the results!

I was about to respond with some remedial education, when I realised that
the posting was almost certainly by another A. Macmillan sock-puppet.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

What do you get if you "Enter a town, city, country name, or a UK postcode" in
the window provided here
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/d/

This is exactly as I was saying. If you enter Daventry, Northants, it
says its going to be light showers for tomorrow.

But in just seeing the BBC TV weather, its going to be reasonably OK
with sun (but no rain).

Who at the BBC is not talking to each other ???
Old 03-09-2008, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Spider" contains these words:
"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Spider" contains these words:
"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Spider" contains these words:

My garden was full of tiny crickets this spring, but the bloody spiders
ate most of them...

Yup, we do that! Yum yum. :~))

I say, that's just not cricket, y'know!

Sad, I know. They didn't even have a good innings, heh heh! I knocked 'em
for six!

What four?

I think you're very wicket.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 03-09-2008, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Nick Maclaren
wrote

In article ,
Alan writes:

| The weather computer models cannot agree on what the forecast is for
| tomorrow but when the same models are used to predict global warming
| suddenly normally sane people believe the results!

I was about to respond with some remedial education, when I realised that
the posting was almost certainly by another A. Macmillan sock-puppet.

And the cry goes out "you'll burn in Hell" if anyone dares to question
anything on which the theory of Global warming is based.

I assume that no more research grants are required for weather
forecasting computer models because they so reliable that they can now
predict what's going to happen tomorrow - and all the models predict the
same thing without any deviations.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Rusty Hinge
2 writes
The message
from "Spider" contains these words:
"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Spider" contains these words:
"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Spider" contains these words:

My garden was full of tiny crickets this spring, but the bloody spiders
ate most of them...

Yup, we do that! Yum yum. :~))

I say, that's just not cricket, y'know!

Sad, I know. They didn't even have a good innings, heh heh! I knocked 'em
for six!

What four?

I think you're very wicket.

It's all over now.
--
hugh
Old 05-09-2008, 10:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 5/9/08 09:09, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:
snip
Rain stopped play in Devon?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/se...ather.flooding

We've had it hurling against the windows since early this morning. Now it's
stopped for a bit but the breeze is getting up again and it's a very black
horizon over there. We're going to lunch with someone who is moving to
Gloucestershire and wants to give Ray cuttings of some of her most precious
plants, so there's a fair chance we'll be drenched to the skin and blown to
Cornwall!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com