Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2008, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Grrr...

I hate people who over water plants!

I have been going to visit a lady 3 times a week for what seems like a
hundred years, and in that time, her houseplants have been given the most
appalling treatment. They get water whether they need it or not, they are
never re potted, the top of the soil is caked with limescale......or what
looks like it.... gross, and last week I could hold my peace no longer, When
I had to hold one plant (not in pot, in bowl with no drainage over the sink
and squeeze it out..... it was illiberally floating..I said enough is
enough, I am going to get some potting compost next week and try to give
your plants some tlc. and leave the watering to me!

Over the years, not many have rotted away, surprisingly, but they have just
never thrived. what should be a glorious plant, is a stunted wreck. Now
some advice, when I get my hands on these plants, (they are all foliage,
assorted nothing spectacular) what should I do with the ones that have been
....well watered? Should I withhold water for a while,or what. Some of the
plants are Christmas cactus..... shudder.... They would have all died
had it not been for my intervention over the years!

GRRR @#$%& snotbottom Gardening 0 02-05-2008 09:58 PM
GRRR @#$%& MajorOz Gardening 4 02-05-2008 06:17 AM
Grrr! Carrot, coriander seedlings munched! John Ladasky Edible Gardening 6 27-11-2006 05:30 PM
Grrr K Barrett Orchids 13 16-11-2003 12:12 AM
Grrr & Brrr! Wendy Orchids 0 15-11-2003 07:02 PM