Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2008, 12:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default ivy shredded

Can I shred Ivy and put it in the compost? I mean is it likely to grow
again from little bits like ground elder?
I've been down the tip with six estate carloads so far! There's masses,
making the hawthorns at the bottom of the garden,top heavy.

It's coming in from the people at the rear of the house, who use the end
of their garden as a dump. (You couldn't call it a compost heap)

If I can shred it to oblivion i can at least turn it into something
useful

I did get an estimate from someone recommended as reasonable, to put up
a 40 foot x 4ft high chain link fence so I can train the hedge through
yet perhaps chop then ivy off as soon as I see it AND keep the dogs in
safely. His estimate was for £700 (reckons 2 guys for three days) so I'm
possibly going to have a go at some 'boundary improvements' myself..

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Ivy, Ivy & more ivy Roger Tonkin[_2_] United Kingdom 6 08-07-2016 09:48 PM
IVY IVY IVY JCYates United Kingdom 15 28-08-2008 11:22 AM
shredded tree leaves WARRENRN1 Gardening 17 03-12-2003 08:02 PM
High Salt - Shredded Fins ~ jan JJsPond.us Ponds 2 10-10-2003 10:22 PM
mulching with shredded bark - question Don Gardening 5 31-05-2003 04:44 PM