Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-09-2008, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rubbish Flymo Hovermowers

John E wrote:
"Gordon H" wrote in message
In message , Corporal Jones
writes

Got through two Flymo 350's in 3 years, 1st one the motor burnt out
and just had the 2nd ones motor shaft snap just as I finished the
last cut.

Anybody recommend a decent Hovermower, not the disposable Flymo
brand, around the same size, not a large lawn, only takes about 20
minutes to cut.

You must be doing something wrong!
I have had my basic Flymo for about 10 years, and gave my old one to a
lady friend. That one must be at least 15 years old and she
still uses it.
My lawns take about 40 minutes plus 15 minutes raking-up time.

I've had a couple of Flymos over the years. They lasted for at least 5
years each. I now have a rotary mower with wheels, because it is a
simple waste of electicity to use energy to provide lift when wheels
will do the job. Sadly it took me a while to work this out. (The current
mower is a Bosch Rotak 40, in case anyone is interested - works very
well indeed).

I have been doing a little research and the Rotak's get good reviews,
lost confidence in Flymo so think I will go down the Bosch route

--
Corporal Jones
"I don't like it up me"