Old 11-10-2008, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Toadstools growing

I gave my front lawn a mow earlier today, and noticed in two places,
there was toad stools growing at the edges of the lawn.

I turned my front garden over earlier in the year and reseeded it all
after levelling and throwing in/on some sharp sand to aid drainage, as
it has previously suffered from large areas of moss growth.

So what is the cause of toadstools growing.....poor drainage in those
areas?? or what?

Thanks
Old 11-10-2008, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Bob H wrote:
I gave my front lawn a mow earlier today, and noticed in two places,
there was toad stools growing at the edges of the lawn.

I turned my front garden over earlier in the year and reseeded it all
after levelling and throwing in/on some sharp sand to aid drainage, as
it has previously suffered from large areas of moss growth.

So what is the cause of toadstools growing.....poor drainage in those
areas?? or what?

The autumn, and rainfall.

Such fungi are ubiquitous, and mostly harmless in the garden.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11/10/08 17:21, in article , "Bob H"
wrote:

I gave my front lawn a mow earlier today, and noticed in two places,
there was toad stools growing at the edges of the lawn.

I turned my front garden over earlier in the year and reseeded it all
after levelling and throwing in/on some sharp sand to aid drainage, as
it has previously suffered from large areas of moss growth.

So what is the cause of toadstools growing.....poor drainage in those
areas?? or what?

Thanks

Spores in the grass seed and a very wet 'summer', perhaps?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 11-10-2008, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Bob H contains these words:

I gave my front lawn a mow earlier today, and noticed in two places,
there was toad stools growing at the edges of the lawn.

I turned my front garden over earlier in the year and reseeded it all
after levelling and throwing in/on some sharp sand to aid drainage, as
it has previously suffered from large areas of moss growth.

So what is the cause of toadstools growing.....poor drainage in those
areas?? or what?

Toadstools (alias mushrooms) can pop-up anywhere. It's quite natural,
and just shows that there is good humus in the soil.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

toadstools farmer brown Lawns 2 27-07-2003 09:12 PM
Toadstools in new lawn Aileen Howard United Kingdom 0 04-07-2003 07:56 AM
Toadstools/Mushrooms Shepherd Gardening 1 04-06-2003 05:32 PM
White mushrooms/toadstools in lawn Lynda Thornton United Kingdom 18 07-12-2002 05:55 PM
Getting road of Mushrooms/Toadstools Carl United Kingdom 27 20-11-2002 07:10 PM