Old 10-11-2008, 11:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ping Datura and C.Lucifer requestees

On Nov 10, 11:19 am, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 03:13:41 -0800 (PST), Judith in France

wrote:
On Nov 10, 11:11 am, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 12:08:22 +0100, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 03:05:11 -0800 (PST), Judith in France
wrote:

On Nov 10, 9:07 am, "Sheila" wrote:
"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message

However I did have the name of someone who wanted the actually plant
Lucifer which I said i would divide as soon as viable.
Perhaps i should now dig out the old posting

Think that was me Janet, but dont worry, as Judith sent me some corms, which
are now snugly thinking about growing big for next year! Thanks anyway!

Your seeds will go off tomorrow, they were going today but for some
reason the post office is shut!!!!

It's Remembrance Day.

Correction it's Remembrance Day long weekend.
--

Martin

Yes, of course, it's Rememberance Day tomorrow and the French make
what they call a "bridge" by having today off as well.

In Belgium too.

Do you want
any Datura or C. Lucifer Martin.

No thanks it;s hellish enough here already.
--

Martin

Brilliant sunshine here, gusty though and very fine sleet, weird
weather!.

Judith
Old 10-11-2008, 04:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message

from Judith in France contains these words:

Your seeds will go off tomorrow, they were going today but for some
reason the post office is shut!!!!

-BANG!-
-BANG!-

-BANG!- -BANG!-

-BANG!- -BANG!- -BANG!-
-BANG!-
-BANG!-
-BANG!-
-BANG!-
Old 10-11-2008, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message

from Judith in France contains these words:

I put on surgeon's' gloves to handle them Nick as I am sure that the
poison can be transmitted through the skin? How would you assess the
risk of that?

Pretty-well non-existent?

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 10-11-2008, 04:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message

from Judith in France contains these words:

Janet, I too cannot touch Juniper!!!! I get a very fine rash wherever
it touches me.

Gin Wallah!

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Old 10-11-2008, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Rusty_Hinge wrote:
The message

from Judith in France contains these words:

I put on surgeon's' gloves to handle them Nick as I am sure that the
poison can be transmitted through the skin? How would you assess the
risk of that?

Pretty-well non-existent?

Indeed. One might reasonably do that before pruning them, as the
sap might have an effect that way, but not the seeds. There are
seeds that are bad to touch, but mostly because of fine hairs or
a covering of goo, and the former may go through surgeon's gloves
anyway. And datura seeds have neither.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Martin contains these words:
On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 16:07:07 GMT, Rusty_Hinge

wrote:
The message

from Judith in France contains these words:

Janet, I too cannot touch Juniper!!!! I get a very fine rash wherever
it touches me.

Gin Wallah!

Hot water bottle, Wibble?

Wrong punchline - What about a bottle Buttle?

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 10-11-2008, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Judith in France wrote:
On Nov 10, 6:03 am, "Pete C" wrote:
Judith in France wrote:

snippy

Thanks
--
Pete C
London UK

Loved the pics you sent me Pete, you have really worked hard on the
lottie, I have never seen such an undergrowth. It would be good, if
like, Muddy Mike, you continued taking pics at regular intervals so
that we could see the progress?

Judith

I'm gonna set up a page with thumbnails when I have time. I hope to show
progress over maybe a year. From jungle to food supply
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 10-11-2008, 11:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Nov 10, 9:38 pm, "Pete C" wrote:
Judith in France wrote:
On Nov 10, 6:03 am, "Pete C" wrote:
Judith in France wrote:

snippy

Thanks
--
Pete C
London UK

Loved the pics you sent me Pete, you have really worked hard on the
lottie, I have never seen such an undergrowth. It would be good, if
like, Muddy Mike, you continued taking pics at regular intervals so
that we could see the progress?

Judith

I'm gonna set up a page with thumbnails when I have time. I hope to show
progress over maybe a year. From jungle to food supply
--
Pete C
London UK

I look forward to that Pete, take a look at Muddy Mike's garden. He
used to live near me at Mattishall and close to Rustry also.

Judith
Old 11-11-2008, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Pete C" contains these words:

I'm gonna set up a page with thumbnails when I have time. I hope to show
progress over maybe a year. From jungle to food supply

Set them as links to bigger pics...

Suggest a line like:

a href="pic1.jpg" border="1" alt="description of pic" img
src="/thumbs/pic1.jpg alt="link to larger pics of ***** Click for
larger picture /a

It is netiquette to put in the 'alt=""' text for the benefit of
unsighted or poorly-sighted surfers, though I have to confess that a lot
of my site omits them - FTTB.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Old 11-11-2008, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message

from Judith in France contains these words:

I look forward to that Pete, take a look at Muddy Mike's garden. He
used to live near me at Mattishall and close to Rustry also.

Oh ar. Used to go there quite often - drove a taxi out of Wymondham innit.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 12-11-2008, 12:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Nov 11, 5:12 pm, Rusty_Hinge
wrote:
The message

from Judith in France contains these words:

I look forward to that Pete, take a look at Muddy Mike's garden. He
used to live near me at Mattishall and close to Rustry also.

Oh ar. Used to go there quite often - drove a taxi out of Wymondham innit.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Aah Wymondham, for our overseas' lurkers or posters, this is
pronounced Windam, which is a lovely market town and only 5 miles from
where I used to live. Muddy Mike's garden was literally just over a
few fields from me.

Judith
Old 12-11-2008, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Rusty_Hinge wrote:
The message
from "Pete C" contains these words:

I'm gonna set up a page with thumbnails when I have time. I hope to
show progress over maybe a year. From jungle to food supply

Set them as links to bigger pics...

Suggest a line like:

a href="pic1.jpg" border="1" alt="description of pic" img
src="/thumbs/pic1.jpg alt="link to larger pics of ***** Click for
larger picture /a

It is netiquette to put in the 'alt=""' text for the benefit of
unsighted or poorly-sighted surfers, though I have to confess that a
lot of my site omits them - FTTB.

Hehe, I 'usually' use 'alt text'. I use Jalbum for
thumbs/links............darn sight easier that linking individual pics.
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 12-11-2008, 08:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Judith in France wrote:

snippy
My Lucifer have gone crazy this year, when digging up some for PeteC,
one corm had at least 10 new corms clinging to it. A word of advice
to Pete and Sheila, plant them very sparingly because in just one
season they will multiply.

Judith

What do they like.....shade/sun etc... ?
--
Pete C (sunlover)

Old 12-11-2008, 08:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Pete C wrote:
Judith in France wrote:

My Lucifer have gone crazy this year, when digging up some for PeteC,
one corm had at least 10 new corms clinging to it. A word of advice
to Pete and Sheila, plant them very sparingly because in just one
season they will multiply.

What do they like.....shade/sun etc... ?

Sun. They aren't dogmatic about it, but don't handle deep shade well.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Crocosmia Lucifer and caterpillars. Rachel 101 United Kingdom 9 05-08-2013 03:09 PM
Crocosmia 'Lucifer' Crocosmia 'Lucifer'.JPG (0/2) Just Plane Noise Garden Photos 0 25-07-2013 01:40 PM
Crocosmia -- lucifer? mkr5000 Gardening 1 24-06-2013 12:52 AM
Datura - datura.jpg Ann Garden Photos 4 09-08-2007 11:36 PM
I need some suggestions. I went a little crazing with some Crocosmia 'Lucifer' and some daylillies and I need to get them undeer control! Marc Gardening 4 31-05-2005 03:17 PM