Old 30-12-2008, 02:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ping Sheila

Hi Sheila,

Just to let you know that my Agapanthus seeds have germinated - they came up
about 3 days ago. They're still very tiny, but look strong. I'll pot them
on in a week or so, when there's enough plant to handle. I saw your text to
Adrian about '3 years to flowering', so I'll try not to get too excited just
yet! I must take some photos soon.

Spider

Old 30-12-2008, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hi Folks

Me too !! g

I'm pleased to report that my Agapanthus seeds have germinated -
and here's a photo to prove it !

http://www.inspired-glass.com/html/gardening.html

I'll keep an eye on them and maybe even post a few more pics
as they grow on...

Many thanks and all the best for the New (gardening) Year!

Adrian
Old 30-12-2008, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Dec 30, 2:46*pm, "Spider" wrote:
Hi Sheila,

Just to let you know that my Agapanthus seeds have germinated - they came up
about 3 days ago. *They're still very tiny, but look strong. *I'll pot them
on in a week or so, when there's enough plant to handle. *I saw your text to
Adrian about '3 years to flowering', so I'll try not to get too excited just
yet! *I must take some photos soon.

Spider

Nothing from mine yet but they are not under heat.

Judith
Old 30-12-2008, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Spider" wrote in message
Hi Sheila,

Just to let you know that my Agapanthus seeds have germinated - they came
up about 3 days ago. They're still very tiny, but look strong. I'll pot
them on in a week or so, when there's enough plant to handle. I saw your
text to Adrian about '3 years to flowering', so I'll try not to get too
excited just yet! I must take some photos soon.

Spider

Hi again, Sheila ~

Just adding to my own post .....

Do you remember what type of white Agapanthas you have? Are they hardy?
Evergreen? Herbaceous? I'm leaping ahead a bit to the time our plantlets
have leaves; should we expect them to die down in winter ... or, if they do
die down, does that mean they're dead or dozing?

Many thanks.
Spider

Old 30-12-2008, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Judith in France" wrote in message
On Dec 30, 2:46 pm, "Spider" wrote:
Hi Sheila,

Just to let you know that my Agapanthus seeds have germinated - they came
up
about 3 days ago. They're still very tiny, but look strong. I'll pot them
on in a week or so, when there's enough plant to handle. I saw your text
Adrian about '3 years to flowering', so I'll try not to get too excited
just
yet! I must take some photos soon.

Spider

Nothing from mine yet but they are not under heat.

Judith

Hi Judith,

Mine were only kept in a warm living room, but not near the radiator. I
covered mine with a plastic bag and popped them in a darkish spot in a book
case. No particular reason for the dark spot, just a wierd instinct, so
don't know if that's what encouraged them. Of course, as soon as they
germinated, I removed the bag and put them by the window so they'd get some
daylight.

Whatever you do, don't show them your snow! :~))

Spider

Old 18-01-2009, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Spider" wrote in message
Hi Sheila,

Just to let you know that my Agapanthus seeds have germinated - they came
up about 3 days ago. They're still very tiny, but look strong. I'll pot
them on in a week or so, when there's enough plant to handle. I saw your
text to Adrian about '3 years to flowering', so I'll try not to get too
excited just yet! I must take some photos soon.

Spider

Wow, lucky you, I have only just put mine in, and they arnt under heat, so
Lord knows when they will appear, I have sowed some outside in the garden
itself, so will be trying to check on them too.

Old 18-01-2009, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Adrian" wrote in message
Hi Folks

Me too !! g

I'm pleased to report that my Agapanthus seeds have germinated -
and here's a photo to prove it !

http://www.inspired-glass.com/html/gardening.html

I'll keep an eye on them and maybe even post a few more pics
as they grow on...

Many thanks and all the best for the New (gardening) Year!

Adrian

Looks quite healthy to me, better than mine at the moment......

Old 18-01-2009, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Dec 30, 2:46 pm, "Spider" wrote:
Hi Sheila,

Just to let you know that my Agapanthus seeds have germinated - they came
up
about 3 days ago. They're still very tiny, but look strong. I'll pot them
on in a week or so, when there's enough plant to handle. I saw your text
Adrian about '3 years to flowering', so I'll try not to get too excited
just
yet! I must take some photos soon.

Spider

Nothing from mine yet but they are not under heat.

Judith

Yours are probably afraid......

Old 18-01-2009, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Spider" wrote in message

"Spider" wrote in message
Hi Sheila,

Just to let you know that my Agapanthus seeds have germinated - they came
up about 3 days ago. They're still very tiny, but look strong. I'll pot
them on in a week or so, when there's enough plant to handle. I saw your
text to Adrian about '3 years to flowering', so I'll try not to get too
excited just yet! I must take some photos soon.

Spider

Hi again, Sheila ~

Just adding to my own post .....

Do you remember what type of white Agapanthas you have? Are they hardy?
Evergreen? Herbaceous? I'm leaping ahead a bit to the time our plantlets
have leaves; should we expect them to die down in winter ... or, if they
do die down, does that mean they're dead or dozing?

Many thanks.
Spider

My Agapanthus had leaves all year round, in fact they have lovely new green
leaves underneath all the dead ones, I have had to repot them today, they
were in lovely glazed pots, which have cracked.... so I have repotted them
in plastic, and put them in the garden shed.... I fear for their health now!
I will put them on a shelf near the window when I can get in the shed to
clear it out.....They wintered outside last year ok, but the frost this year
is more than last I think.