Old 10-01-2009, 03:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default when are lemons ripe?

# denotes (flat) keysignature - the above is a quotation from a (I
presume) West Indian song.

Yes, but you seemes using such a song to express a point of view.
Not all the song are always in the right place.
I know some good song and other not the same.
I generally care to use them in the right context.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

news-search ha scritto:
# denotes (flat) keysignature - the above is a quotation from a (I
presume) West Indian song.

Yes, but you seemed using such a song to express a point of view.

Old 11-01-2009, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from news-search
contains these words:

news-search ha scritto:
# denotes (flat) keysignature - the above is a quotation from a (I
presume) West Indian song.

Yes, but you seemed using such a song to express a point of view.
Not all the song are always in the right place.
I know some good song and other not the same.
I generally care to use them in the right context.

Hmmm. Posts in stereo, TAAAW!

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 15-01-2009, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 6 Jan, 23:39, Hedley Smith wrote:
Hi, does anyone please know how I can tell when the lemons on my
lemon tree are ripe and ready to be plucked? *Thanks.

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.9 Beta 6
Web @http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

No lemons on my bush!
What conditions do you keep? And indoor or outdoor?

Old 21-01-2009, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message

from John contains these words:
On 6 Jan, 23:39, Hedley Smith wrote:

Hi, does anyone please know how I can tell when the lemons on my
lemon tree are ripe and ready to be plucked? *Thanks.

No lemons on my bush!
What conditions do you keep? And indoor or outdoor?

None on mine either - but then, it's only three or four years old.

I keep mine outside unless there's a threat of a frost. Only forgotten
to bring it in once, but it took that in its stride and didn't even drop
any leaves, despite the frost being quite a hard one.

If the lemon was planted as a pip, expect to wait twenty or thirty years
for fruit. Usually, fruiting buds or twigs are grafted onto younger
stock - once the tissue is programmed to fruit, any further growth on
that scion will continue to do so.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 24-01-2009, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 7 Jan, 23:49, Sacha wrote:

Simple test is to see if they 'come orft in yer 'and, missus...'

Yes, that's the way we judge it. *;-)

The sense of smell is usefull too. Lemons, Melons, and quite a lot of
other fruit change their smell as they ripen. If it smells like a
Lemon it is probably ready.
Old 24-01-2009, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 10:19:38 -0800 (PST), bobharvey
wrote:

On 7 Jan, 23:49, Sacha wrote:

Simple test is to see if they 'come orft in yer 'and, missus...'

Yes, that's the way we judge it. *;-)

The sense of smell is usefull too. Lemons, Melons, and quite a lot of
other fruit change their smell as they ripen. If it smells like a
Lemon it is probably ready.

Except that immature lemon trees, before they fruit, have leaves that
smell strongly of lemons.

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹
Old 25-01-2009, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from ®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹ contains these words:
wrote:
On 7 Jan, 23:49, Sacha wrote:

Simple test is to see if they 'come orft in yer 'and, missus...'

Yes, that's the way we judge it. *;-)

The sense of smell is usefull too. Lemons, Melons, and quite a lot of
other fruit change their smell as they ripen. If it smells like a
Lemon it is probably ready.

Except that immature lemon trees, before they fruit, have leaves that
smell strongly of lemons.

Which make a nice tisane, or flavouring in cooking...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig