Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-02-2009, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ping Sheila - Agapanthus

Hi Sheila,

I potted on many of my Agapanthus seedlings last week to give them a bit
more space. They are not yet potted up singly, but several to a 4" pot.
They have settled in well and are about 3" high now and trying to put up a
second leaf. Because they're in fresh compost I haven't fed them yet, but
may do so in a month's time when, hopefully, it will be a bit warmer and
lighter for longer.

The only downside to this progress is that the remaining tardy seedlings are
sulking somewhat due to the disturbance :~(. However, they may pick up.
Even if they don't, I've still got plenty of seedlings to grow on and share.
I have a friend who loves and collects Agapanthus and, naturally, she is
watching my progress with great interest. How are your seedlings coming on?

Do you know, Sheila, the specific (and cultivar?) name(s) of this
Agapanthus? It would help also to know whether or not it's evergreen ... I
need to know if I should panic if it's dying or simply dying back for a
period of dormancy. Also, I believe its evergreen or deciduous status is an
inicator of hardiness. If you don't know, don't worry, I'll just have to
learn as I go along.

Spider

Ping Sheila aand the 'white agapanthus seed club' Spider[_3_] United Kingdom 0 18-07-2013 03:55 PM
Ping Sheila - Agapanthus seedlings Spider[_2_] United Kingdom 18 08-11-2009 12:54 PM
Ping Sheila Spider United Kingdom 8 18-01-2009 05:57 PM
Ping Judith and Sheila - Agapanthus seeds Spider United Kingdom 9 08-12-2008 08:57 PM
Dendrobium cuthbertsonii 'Sheila' Eric Hunt[_1_] Orchid Photos 0 22-11-2007 06:42 PM