Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-02-2009, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Swivel blade bow saw query.

I've spent much of the evening doing a websearch for a modern bow saw
with a twist.
It's basically a modern bow saw, looks just like the ones in the shops
which has a clasp release system to allow for the blade to be changed.
The only difference with those ones and the one I'm looking for is
that when you release the clasp, you can swivel / rotate the blade to
what ever angle you need.
It's ideal for tree pruning as it seems far better with a pruning saw.
Anyone who has ever tried to use a bow saw to saw of branches will
have noticed that the "bow" gets in the way of the preferred angle of
cut, By adjusting the angle of the blade, that problem is solved.
We have them at work and I'd like to get one myself. However, all I've
been told is that he has them since way back, they're German made but
no longer been produced. Which, if true seems to be a great pity.
What I'm looking for is not the 'Traditional' H shaped 'Bow saw',
(also called a Turning saw)
nor a buck/swede/sandvik/milter scroll, saw nor just about any of the
saws I've found listed in a woodwork group.

So, does anyone know where I can get such a sway (other then being
ripped off via Ebait)?
Do they have a particular name?
have any suggestions for my online search.

Many thanks in advance.

Bow Tie Vine Flower-6865 BarbaraH[_2_] Garden Photos 5 27-01-2015 08:39 AM
compound bow? symplastless Gardening 1 14-12-2007 02:01 PM
Choosing a Lawn Mower with swivel casters or NOT Jmn Gardening 1 02-06-2005 10:50 PM
All-Glass CF 110W Light Strip for 46 Bow Front Tank 10,000K? Markyt Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 09-12-2003 05:32 PM
Hoe with 2" blade? HH Gardening 4 25-03-2003 02:20 AM