Old 17-02-2009, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cuttings Problem.

Hi, I have no problem cultivating from cuttings, its just keeping them
through the winter. I keep them in a cold frame, on the patio. They seem to
just die after a few months. I try not to water to regular, and I think the
potting compost is No 2, Cuttings range from Fuchia Nepata Honeysuckle etc
any help appreciated. Mike.

Old 19-02-2009, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
Fuchsia need more winter protecion as young plants, and the others are
probably not well enough established to cope, either do the cuttings much
earlier in the year (I have already started) or give more protection in
winter

We find the plastic bag system works well.
Water the compost well and cover the top of the pot with a clear freezer
bag.
We have a pot full of Penstamen cuttings taken in autumn in the unheated
green house
awaiting potting on shortly.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Rock elm cuttings no go, but sour cherry cuttings are going [email protected] Plant Science 0 15-08-2008 07:15 AM
A Buxus Problem, and a Pelargonium problem :-( ZoeM United Kingdom 11 18-07-2008 09:08 AM
succulent cuttings Iris Cohen Gardening 1 10-02-2003 09:25 AM
cactus cuttings flavrcntry Gardening 2 09-02-2003 03:36 PM
Cuttings, and trading roses Suzanne in CA Roses 3 09-02-2003 08:01 AM