Old 15-03-2009, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Sunny Devon

It was just about hot today! Long may it last - what a truly blissful day.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 17-03-2009, 01:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
It was just about hot today! Long may it last - what a truly blissful
day.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

I'll second that! We're on our third sunny day here in SE London and it
makes gardening so much more pleasant. I'm starting to harden off a few
tender and half-hardy plants which, somehow, makes it seem so much more
summery. However, I'm not going to be lulled into believing we've seen the
last frosts ... but I'll be glad when we have!

The really noticeable thing about warmer, sunnier weather is that people
start talking to each other again and are generally nicer. Now long may
that last.

Spider

Old 17-03-2009, 02:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 17/3/09 13:31, in article , "Spider"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
It was just about hot today! Long may it last - what a truly blissful
day.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

I'll second that! We're on our third sunny day here in SE London and it
makes gardening so much more pleasant. I'm starting to harden off a few
tender and half-hardy plants which, somehow, makes it seem so much more
summery. However, I'm not going to be lulled into believing we've seen the
last frosts ... but I'll be glad when we have!

Our lawns were white this morning and the surrounding fields even more so.

The really noticeable thing about warmer, sunnier weather is that people
start talking to each other again and are generally nicer. Now long may
that last.

Amen to that! It's lovely to see people sitting out on the lawn for lunch
and tea and lolling about in that 'hot summer day' style. It's actually hot
here - not just warm, probably because there's not a breath of wind.

Old 17-03-2009, 02:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 13:31:05 -0000, "Spider"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. ..
It was just about hot today! Long may it last - what a truly blissful
day.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

I'll second that! We're on our third sunny day here in SE London and it
makes gardening so much more pleasant. I'm starting to harden off a few
tender and half-hardy plants which, somehow, makes it seem so much more
summery. However, I'm not going to be lulled into believing we've seen
the
last frosts ... but I'll be glad when we have!

The really noticeable thing about warmer, sunnier weather is that people
start talking to each other again and are generally nicer. Now long may
that last.

colder and less sun is forecast by the end of the week. Make the best of
the sun
while you can. In Zuid Holland, the minimum night temp is forecast to
be -2°C
from Thursday onwards.
--

Martin

Heartfelt groan {:~(

Old 17-03-2009, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 17/3/09 14:30, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
[...]

It's sunny, but only 5°C here at the moment. The sea is only °4C

60F in the shade here and being SW perhaps we won't go Dutch with you on the
weather. Perhaps....

Old 17-03-2009, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 14:54:28 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
[...]

It's warmer inland around 12-14 °C
5°C is the temperature near the boulevard in Noordwijk.
--

Martin

It's been 17.8degC here in SE London, but we're on high ground, so it may
have been warmer in Central London and lower down our mini-mountain. It's
been very sunny and pleasant.

Spider

Old 18-03-2009, 12:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 17 Mar, 19:01, "Spider" wrote:
"Martin" wrote in message

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 14:54:28 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 17/3/09 14:30, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 14:19:35 -0000, "Spider"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
m...
On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 13:31:05 -0000, "Spider"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
[...]

Spider- Hide quoted text -

Could be like last spring, we got more use out of thr BBQ in March and
April than we did the rest of the year.
Weed seedlings springing up like mad with this sunshine.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Need a recommendation for a sunny windy area perenial Greg P. Gardening 1 01-09-2003 03:02 AM
Creeper for a sunny wall JackBlack United Kingdom 3 23-08-2003 06:03 PM
Vine for hot sunny patio simy1 Gardening 2 22-07-2003 05:40 AM
Sunny Delite delirium Roses 8 08-04-2003 03:32 AM
Seed starting in sunny window: additional light required Tim B Gardening 1 27-01-2003 07:06 PM