Old 11-05-2009, 06:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hay fever now!

I keep log of my health and looking back through it I only realised
last year that I get a massive attack of sneezing and runny nose and
feeling generally unwell each year about the 3rd weekend of May. My
doctor recognised this as hay fever and prescribed Cetirizine which
cured it. (Dose this prove the diagnosis?)

Yesterday evening I got the first attack of what felt like the same,
but it has gone this morning. What plants and their pollen are the
possible causes?

Michael Bell

Old 11-05-2009, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 11, 6:24*am, Michael Bell wrote:
I keep log of my health and looking back through it I only realised
last year that I get a massive attack of sneezing and runny nose and
feeling generally unwell each year about the 3rd weekend of May. My
doctor recognised this as hay fever and prescribed Cetirizine which
cured it. (Dose this prove the diagnosis?)

Yesterday evening I got the first attack of what felt like the same,
but it has gone this morning. What plants and their pollen are the
possible causes?

I suppose you haven't been to Mexico recently?
Old 11-05-2009, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message
,
moghouse writes
On May 11, 6:24*am, Michael Bell wrote:
I keep log of my health and looking back through it I only realised
last year that I get a massive attack of sneezing and runny nose and
feeling generally unwell each year about the 3rd weekend of May. My
doctor recognised this as hay fever and prescribed Cetirizine which
cured it. (Dose this prove the diagnosis?)

Yesterday evening I got the first attack of what felt like the same,
but it has gone this morning. What plants and their pollen are the
possible causes?

I suppose you haven't been to Mexico recently?

That's atishoo of lies!
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 11-05-2009, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
..
"Gordon H" wrote in message
news
In message
,
moghouse writes
On May 11, 6:24 am, Michael Bell wrote:
I keep log of my health and looking back through it I only realised
last year that I get a massive attack of sneezing and runny nose and
feeling generally unwell each year about the 3rd weekend of May. My
doctor recognised this as hay fever and prescribed Cetirizine which
cured it. (Dose this prove the diagnosis?)

Yesterday evening I got the first attack of what felt like the same,
but it has gone this morning. What plants and their pollen are the
possible causes?

I suppose you haven't been to Mexico recently?

That's atishoo of lies!
--

Please don't post here. "Coughs and Sneezes spread diseases"

Mike

Old 11-05-2009, 10:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Michael Bell writes
I keep log of my health and looking back through it I only realised
last year that I get a massive attack of sneezing and runny nose and
feeling generally unwell each year about the 3rd weekend of May. My
doctor recognised this as hay fever and prescribed Cetirizine which
cured it. (Dose this prove the diagnosis?)

Cetirizine is an antihistamine, which as i understand it works to
counteract the histamine which is the body's signal to let water near to
the skin surface to counteract something which the body perceives to be
a foreign intruder or a wound. It's used for all sorts of allergic and
auto-immune skin reactions, as well as for hay fever. I think it is also
used, like other antihistamines, to combat car sickness and other
similar types of nausea. Don't know whether this means the diagnosis is
proved ;-)

Yesterday evening I got the first attack of what felt like the same,
but it has gone this morning. What plants and their pollen are the
possible causes?

Could be almost anything but grass pollen is a common one early in the
season.
--
Kay

Old 11-05-2009, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message
ups.com
moghouse wrote:

On May 11, 6:24*am, Michael Bell wrote:
I keep log of my health and looking back through it I only realised
last year that I get a massive attack of sneezing and runny nose and
feeling generally unwell each year about the 3rd weekend of May. My
doctor recognised this as hay fever and prescribed Cetirizine which
cured it. (Dose this prove the diagnosis?)

Yesterday evening I got the first attack of what felt like the same,
but it has gone this morning. What plants and their pollen are the
possible causes?

I suppose you haven't been to Mexico recently

Certainly not!

Michael Bell

Old 11-05-2009, 11:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 11, 5:15*pm, Gordon H
wrote:

Yesterday evening I got the first attack of what felt like the same,
but it has gone this morning. What plants and their pollen are the
possible causes?

I suppose you haven't been to Mexico recently?

That's atishoo of lies!

Well I thought it was a suggestion not to be sneezed at!
Old 12-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Registered User

Location: Newcastle upn Tyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bell View Post
Yesterday evening I got the first attack of what felt like the same,
but it has gone this morning. What plants and their pollen are the
possible causes?
--

Any plant and pollen; I'd imagine it's so hard to tell since there are so many plants around. I've been suffering from hayfever badly the last few days as well.

I was actually suffering from it in December and January then it went away and unfortunately came back.

I also find different times of the day affect it differently.