Old 22-05-2009, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Is this tree likely to be a threat?

In message , Christina Websell
writes

Travellers are a proper nuisance here, they want to prune my conifers or
offer to take away "my old car" or replace my drive which I spent a lot of
money on 5 years ago.
My old car? The one I use every day FGS.

Tina

My tumble dryer is just inside the up-and-over door of my garage, and I
leave the door half-way closed when it's running.
One day I was hailed by a man passing in a scruffy lorry who asked if I
wanted to get rid of "that old dryer"! I said something rude to him.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 22-05-2009, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"K" wrote in message
Judith in France writes

I seem to remember that you had a row of Lleyandi along the drive with the
Church. I can't remember if they took them down or not?

There's two sets of Leylandii. There are our four, which block the view of
the rather boring side of the Church, and there's their half dozen around
the war memorial out the front. We've taken the tops out of ours, so
they're now about 15 feet high. They've also topped theirs. more recently,
and I guess theirs are about 10 ft high. None are a problem to us atm as
they're all some distance from the house. The only tree near to the house
is the beech.

We may top ours again, and we are considering taking them out one by one,
and letting the bay tree have more room - it's as tall as the leylandiis
and growing at much the same speed.
Kay

Thanks to all. The caller offered to chop it down, remove the bits and
*poison* the roots; all for £40.

Why would he poison the roots, I wouldn't have thought much of them would
survive once the tree is chopped down?

Old 25-05-2009, 11:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Gordon H" wrote in message
In message , Christina Websell
writes

Travellers are a proper nuisance here, they want to prune my conifers or
offer to take away "my old car" or replace my drive which I spent a lot
of
money on 5 years ago.
My old car? The one I use every day FGS.

Tina

My tumble dryer is just inside the up-and-over door of my garage, and I
leave the door half-way closed when it's running.
One day I was hailed by a man passing in a scruffy lorry who asked if I
wanted to get rid of "that old dryer"! I said something rude to him.
--

I thiink it's worrying they pass by and notice.

Old 26-05-2009, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Gordon H" wrote in message
In message , Christina Websell
writes

Travellers are a proper nuisance here, they want to prune my conifers or
offer to take away "my old car" or replace my drive which I spent a lot
of
money on 5 years ago.
My old car? The one I use every day FGS.

Tina

My tumble dryer is just inside the up-and-over door of my garage, and I
leave the door half-way closed when it's running.
One day I was hailed by a man passing in a scruffy lorry who asked if I
wanted to get rid of "that old dryer"! I said something rude to him.

I thiink it's worrying they pass by and notice.

Indeed, one of the reasons I mounted a CCTV camera on the garage front.
It was always recording when the garage door was open.

The only snag with the arrangement was that the 78 y/old widow next door
*always* called to ask me "Do you know you've left your garage door
open"?
:-)
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 26-05-2009, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
..

"Gordon H" wrote in message
[...]

My daughter and son in law have 4 cctv cameras around their property and
covering part of the grounds. WONDERFUL to see the wild life which visits
them!!!

Mike