Old 24-05-2009, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Pumpkin does not have any female flowers ??

gray writes
I tried last year and this year, but my pumpkin 'lady godiva' never
has any female flowers.

What am I not doing right ??/

I don't know about last year, but this year try a little more patience -
courgettes and marrows produce a whole lot of male flowers first before
starting producing female flowers, and I would expect a pumpkin to
behave in the same way.
--
Kay
Old 28-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Registered User

Smile

Make the most of the male flowers in the meantime. Remove the anthers, dip in batter (can be 'Besan' - the chick pea flour ) or egg and flour mixture with seasonign of choice and deep fry. enjoy your fritters and wait for the female flowers to appear on the scene!
Malia