Old 28-05-2009, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Dwarf Bush Bean - Tendercrop

Since dinosaurs roamed the earth I have been growing runner beans and
collecting some seed at the end of the season for the following year.
I have no idea what variety they were as I had inherited them from my
aunt who in turn had inherited them from her husband, great uncle
Victor, who I might have mentioned before. Anyway I feel I have let
the family down a bit as a couple of years ago my collected seed of
ancient lineage just stopped germinating and thus died out.

This year I have tried some dwarf bush beans instead (saves all that
rigmarole putting up the canes) but there is little information on the
packet, just when to sow, a paragraph about what excellent meaty,
stringless beans they are and a load of waffle in some eastern
european language. I don't remember where I got the seed from
(probably Lidl or some other pikey shop).I went into the greenhouse
this morning and hey presto my beans had managed 100% germination!
Does anybody have any experience of these beans? Are they any good?
Any tips on how to maximise the crop?
Old 28-05-2009, 08:15 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by moghouse View Post
[...]

Not this specific variety, but presumably they are a form of French bean.