Old 19-06-2009, 12:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Felco Pruning Shears

I have large hands so what size of Felco should I be looking at. There is a
hige array online and at their prices I dont want to get the wrong ones.

Thanks

Old 19-06-2009, 07:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Jon" wrote ...
I have large hands so what size of Felco should I be looking at. There is a
hige array online and at their prices I dont want to get the wrong ones.

You do need to try to find a stockist and try them in your hands, they
usually have a display stand with them on chains so you can touch/feel how
they handle.
I didn't like the thin handled ones so bought No.7 with the thick revolving
handle, it's probably a once in a lifetime purchase so it's important to get
it right.
Some good independent GCs and RHS Wisley stock them. If you tell us roughly
where you are in the UK someone might be able to suggest a stockist nearby.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 19-06-2009, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Bob Hobden
writes

Some good independent GCs and RHS Wisley stock them. If you tell us roughly
where you are in the UK someone might be able to suggest a stockist nearby.

The red plastic covering has come off of one of my pairs is it possible
to get it repaired?
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 19-06-2009, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Yes, I'm not sure how you arrange it these days - it's been a while
since I had any done but the importers Burton Mcall are probably your
best bet as a first port of call. As an amateur you're probably
eligible to get it done under the lifetime warranty but even if you
have to pay it's well worth it. BTW if you need anything else done to
them you can have them refurbished to almost new condition.

--
Rod

My real address is

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Bob Hobden
writes

Old 19-06-2009, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Jon" wrote ...
I have large hands so what size of Felco should I be looking at. There is
a hige array online and at their prices I dont want to get the wrong ones.

You do need to try to find a stockist and try them in your hands, they
usually have a display stand with them on chains so you can touch/feel how
they handle.
I didn't like the thin handled ones so bought No.7 with the thick
revolving handle, it's probably a once in a lifetime purchase so it's
important to get it right.
Some good independent GCs and RHS Wisley stock them. If you tell us
roughly where you are in the UK someone might be able to suggest a
stockist nearby.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
just W. of London

I am near Blackpool, Lancashire

Old 19-06-2009, 09:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Rod
writes
Yes, I'm not sure how you arrange it these days - it's been a while
since I had any done but the importers Burton Mcall are probably your
best bet as a first port of call. As an amateur you're probably
eligible to get it done under the lifetime warranty but even if you
have to pay it's well worth it. BTW if you need anything else done to
them you can have them refurbished to almost new condition.

Email duly sent off to Mccalls. Thanks Rod.

Old 21-06-2009, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
Some good independent GCs and RHS Wisley stock them. If you tell us
roughly where you are in the UK someone might be able to suggest a
stockist nearby.

Hate to downgrade this but some B&Q superstores sell 'em now !

Old 26-06-2009, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

BOFH wrote:
"Bob Hobden" wrote
Some good independent GCs and RHS Wisley stock them. If you tell us
roughly where you are in the UK someone might be able to suggest a
stockist nearby.

Hate to downgrade this but some B&Q superstores sell 'em now !

I spotted a single variety in Wilkinsons!
--
Selah