Old 25-06-2009, 07:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cucumber plants looking a bit squiffy

Hi,
I am having a dabble at growing my own this year and have bought a poly
tunnel, a cheap and nasty ebay jobbie.

Nothing too adventurous, for now just some tomatoes and cucumbers.

A couple of my cucumber plants don't look too good, the leaves have lost
their texture and gone smooth and have pale patches.

Anyone know what's up with 'em?

Cheers,
Rick

Old 26-06-2009, 12:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"R D S" wrote in message
Hi,
I am having a dabble at growing my own this year and have bought a

poly
tunnel, a cheap and nasty ebay jobbie.

Nothing too adventurous, for now just some tomatoes and cucumbers.

A couple of my cucumber plants don't look too good, the leaves have

lost
their texture and gone smooth and have pale patches.

Anyone know what's up with 'em?

Cheers,
Rick

Cucumbers need to be planted on a mound so that the base of the stem
will be free of exess moisture, otherwise rotting of the base of the
stem may occur. Unlike tomatoes, they thrive on humudity so create the
latter by wetting paths, but be sparing in this regard on cold, dank
days. For more information try growing cucumbers on www.google.com.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.