Old 28-06-2009, 01:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default It's too b****y hot!

75 indoors but outside its much more, so I can't do anything but sit on my
backside!

Boooring!

Old 28-06-2009, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"alan.holmes" wrote in message

75 indoors but outside its much more, so I can't do anything but sit on
my backside!

Boooring!

Ok here it's cloudy and rainy, hoorah

Old 28-06-2009, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Robert (Plymouth)" wrote in message

"alan.holmes" wrote in message

75 indoors but outside its much more, so I can't do anything but sit on
my backside!

Boooring!

Ok here it's cloudy and rainy, hoorah

105F in my greenhouse.
I am a rather hot potter on !
Pete(Cheshire)
www.thecanalshop.com

Old 28-06-2009, 03:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"alan.holmes" wrote in message

75 indoors but outside its much more, so I can't do anything but sit on
my backside!

Boooring!

I'm resting indoors after yesterday's complete loss of dignity, going 4r$3
over t!t after tripping up over a bale of weld mesh and ending up face down
on the ground, face an inch from the edge of a concrete flagstone and having
landed with my left knee taking the vast mass of my ample bulk coming
crashing down upon it. Himself is in the garage playing with his new toys
(including a testosterone-filled electric saw thing) to enable him to make a
new, big run for our hens. Then hens are resting in the shaded area of their
current run, next to food & drink. The cats have been on nursing duties
using me as a resting place as I give my knee an easy day. The offspring has
done his duty by tidying up the kitchen for me. The tomatoes are watered so
I'm not worried about them today.

Old 28-06-2009, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Robert (Plymouth)" wrote in message

"alan.holmes" wrote in message

75 indoors but outside its much more, so I can't do anything but sit on
my backside!

Boooring!

Ok here it's cloudy and rainy, hoorah

It's just clouded over here, but it has gone up to 78 indoors!(:-(

Old 28-06-2009, 03:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wafflycat wrote:
"alan.holmes" wrote in message

75 indoors but outside its much more, so I can't do anything but sit
on my backside!

Boooring!

I'm resting indoors after yesterday's complete loss of dignity, going
4r$3 over t!t after tripping up over a bale of weld mesh and ending
up face down on the ground, face an inch from the edge of a concrete
flagstone and having landed with my left knee taking the vast mass of
my ample bulk coming crashing down upon it.

ewwww that sounds sore( That was not just a loss of dignity. That could
have been serious!
I hope you are feeling ok now.

Old 28-06-2009, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ophelia" wrote in message

ewwww that sounds sore( That was not just a loss of dignity. That
could have been serious!
I hope you are feeling ok now.

Thanks. It could have been serious but it's turned out to be no more than a
painful inconvenience. Rest + anti-inflammatories should do the trick in a
short period of time. If it doesn't I'll visit the quack.

Old 28-06-2009, 07:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"wafflycat" wrote in message

[...]

Ooouch! That sounds nasty. Resting sounds like the best thing you could
do. It's so kind of the cats to help out like that. My Panther always
assists in similar fashion when I'm laid up with migraine, so I know how
effective it is:~) A bit warm just now, though! Do you have a
testosterone-filled cooker as well?!

Take care.
Spider

Old 28-06-2009, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Spider" wrote in message

Ooouch! That sounds nasty. Resting sounds like the best thing you could
do. It's so kind of the cats to help out like that. My Panther always
assists in similar fashion when I'm laid up with migraine, so I know how
effective it is:~) A bit warm just now, though! Do you have a
testosterone-filled cooker as well?!

Take care.
Spider

Thanks.

Did the cooking tonight. Pork stirfry. The stir fry veg all grown by yours
truly

Old 28-06-2009, 08:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"wafflycat" wrote in message

"Spider" wrote in message

Ooouch! That sounds nasty. Resting sounds like the best thing you could
do. It's so kind of the cats to help out like that. My Panther always
assists in similar fashion when I'm laid up with migraine, so I know how
effective it is:~) A bit warm just now, though! Do you have a
testosterone-filled cooker as well?!

Take care.
Spider

Thanks.

Did the cooking tonight. Pork stirfry. The stir fry veg all grown by yours
truly

Very efficient. Yummy, too. I'm impressed. :~)
Spider

Old 28-06-2009, 09:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"wafflycat" wrote in message

[...]

I hope you soon recover, I wouldn't like that to happen to me in the state
I'm in!

I'm very worried about falling over, as I would have a lot of trouble trying
to stand up.

Alan

Old 28-06-2009, 11:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"alan.holmes" wrote in message

75 indoors but outside its much more, so I can't do anything but sit on
my backside!

Boooring!

Tonight here in Felixstowe we have hot fog!

--
Kathy

It's pointless to try and discuss ethics with a spider.

Old 29-06-2009, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

alan.holmes wrote:

I'm very worried about falling over, as I would have a lot of trouble
trying to stand up.

Why?

Old 29-06-2009, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ophelia" wrote in message
alan.holmes wrote:

I'm very worried about falling over, as I would have a lot of trouble
trying to stand up.

Why?

Cos I'm such a lazzy bugger I don't get any exercise, and my legs are weak!

Hot hot hot hot! PC Australia 1 10-01-2010 11:38 AM
Help! Brown lawn. Too short, Too long, Too much water or Too lois Lawns 0 27-08-2003 03:24 AM